Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 11:37:11 AM EDT
I just picked up a new Ruger GSR and was kinda wondering what others preference is for running an optic. I was thinking a red dot such as a Aimpoint T-1 or something of that nature. Almost all shots that it will be used for will be with in 75 yards with an occasional 125 max.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't go wrong with an aimpoint!  I have a leupold 2-7x33 firedot scope mounted traditionally.  2x is very usable for close up and I still have some zoom to reach out and touch some one.  I have it on Arms quick release mounts so I can fall back to the irons if needed.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The MTAC 1x4 seems like it would be perfect for the GSR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a Bushnell TRS 25 until I got a proper scout scope, it worked great. Hitting a 12" Steel plate out to 300 with the TRS is still possible, maybe easier than using Irons at that distance. My burris scout scope has developed a problem so I am going to mount up the TRS again until the scope is repaired.

The rifle is very accurate and a magnified optic really brings that out, but for hunting in the Woods the T-1 or similar sight shouldn't be a handicap.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I run a 2-7  Burris traditional mounting position. works great.

I tried an aimpoint on the forward rail and it worked fine, but wanted magnification for hunting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running a leupold scout scope on mine
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This or the leather wood....Leather wood is very cheap but getting a lot of good feedback
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

As am I on a set of low QR rings.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I was running a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 for a short time, but decided that it was way more scope than what I want/need for the rifle.  

Next, I tried a PA MD-06 red dot, which I liked a lot because it was uber lightweight and fast, but ultimately decided that I want at least some magnification and something with a reticle in case electronics fail.  

I was seriously considering a Burris MTAC 1-4x24, which seemed like a perfect fit and almost pulled the trigger on one.  

However, in the end, I settled for a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 Accu-Range as it seems to be a great simple and lightweight solution for the GSR and works for what I intend to use it for.  Depending on how it works out, I'll either keep it or trade up for the MTAC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top