Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 12:19:57 AM EDT
Can anybody post a link to the ATF rules for engraving an SBR?  Found a couple on this forum but none of them are working right now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quick question--say I've got an SBR and damage the threads/crown when removing a muzzle device beyond repair and I need to replace the barrel.  When the SBR was manufactured the receiver was only engraved with trust and location information because the caliber was located on the barrel in an easily readable location (receiver marked multi).  Suppose the replacement barrel has the caliber markings in a location that will be partially covered by the barrel nut thus making it extremely difficult to read when assembled.  The configuration (caliber, length) has not changed, just the barrel.  Is the newly assembled gun still legal or does the receiver need to be re-engraved to add the caliber to the lower?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quick question--say I've got an SBR and damage the threads/crown when removing a muzzle device beyond repair and I need to replace the barrel.  When the SBR was manufactured the receiver was only engraved with trust and location information because the caliber was located on the barrel in an easily readable location (receiver marked multi).  Suppose the replacement barrel has the caliber markings in a location that will be partially covered by the barrel nut thus making it extremely difficult to read when assembled.  The configuration (caliber, length) has not changed, just the barrel.  Is the newly assembled gun still legal or does the receiver need to be re-engraved to add the caliber to the lower?
View Quote
By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved,

Is that conspicuously placing? Yes - GTG, No - Try Again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody got the Current link?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The regulation was posted. Osprey 21 and Renegade X covered it. Is there something else you wanted to know?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The regulation was posted. Renegade X covered it. Is there something else you wanted to know?
View Quote
The PDF he linked is dated 2005, I was under the impression there had been some updates recently.  Does anyone know about this?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The PDF he linked is dated 2005, I was under the impression there had been some updates recently.  Does anyone know about this?
View Quote
Typically if you google the CFR info, you get a link

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/479.102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top