Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 8:59:30 PM EDT
Looking for guidance on my 10.5 SBR?

When I shoot the SBR unsuppressed I do not have any issues but when I add the can I get issues. First problem is that it short cycles and lodges the feeding round between the bcg and the chamber. Second problem is the ejector rips the rim off the brass and the shell is stuck in the barrel.

Thinking it's over gassed?

Any info would be great, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It is horribly over gassed.

An very over gassed condition can have symptoms of over pressure, like stuck cases, since the bolt is trying to open while chamber pressures are very high.

Failure to feed, or lock back, etc, can come from too much BCG velocity.

I'm betting it is over gassed when u suppressed too.

The fix is an adjustable gas block, or it has an A2 front S high temp an adjustable BCG like Gemtech's or Vootlegs.

JPK
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a heavier buffer.  I've got an H3 in my 11.5 and it cycles fine, can on or off.  Regular gas block.  BCM factory upper, not sure what the port size is.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
H buffer or carbine ?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe it's a carbine buffer.

Thanks for the info. Might start with a heavier buffer and go from there.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a factory LMT 10.5 that did not like .223 and would short stroke... ran 5.56 like a champ. I switched to a carbine buffer and has been 100% reliable since then.  When I put the can on I never bothered with switching them out or trying anything other than the carbine buffer.. probably close to 9-10k through it without an issue. I haven't seen any signs of overgassing.

What manf upper?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe it's a carbine buffer.

Thanks for the info. Might start with a heavier buffer and go from there.
View Quote
If it's that bad, I doubt an H will solve anything. H3/Sprinco Red or adjust the gas
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Bought a Spikes ST-T3 Heavy Buffer and still have the same results. Guess now I am on to a adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Go slr, joebobs is having a 10% off slr sale right now.  Have them on every build except the ones with fsps.  Have been great
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a heavier buffer.  I've got an H3 in my 11.5 and it cycles fine, can on or off.  Regular gas block.  BCM factory upper, not sure what the port size is.
View Quote
Same here, H3 buffer also.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]
H3 buffer and gemtech adjustable bolt carrier.   I swear by mine.  My 11.5 supressed is the smoothest and lightly recoiling rifle I own.  It was very over gassed in the stock configuration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top