Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2017 11:01:45 PM EDT
My Aero Precision lower is marked "MULTI" for caliber. I am assuming that the SBR engraving must then include a caliber?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only if it's not marked elsewhere. A majority of barrels have the caliber engraved where you can easily see it. (And if it doesn't, nothing stopping you from engraving the caliber on the barrel if you prefer)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Aero Precision lower is marked "MULTI" for caliber. I am assuming that the SBR engraving must then include a caliber?

Only if it's not marked elsewhere. A majority of barrels have the caliber engraved where you can easily see it. (And if it doesn't, nothing stopping you from engraving the caliber on the barrel if you prefer)
The barrel is marked over the chamber and won't be visible. Any reason to mark the barrel and leave the caliber mark off the receiver?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The barrel is marked over the chamber and won't be visible. Any reason to mark the barrel and leave the caliber mark off the receiver?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have the caliber on the barrel engraved, less clutter/text on the receiver. Also if you were to swap uppers temporarily, it would provide less confusion if each barrel had the caliber marking.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Just how easily does the caliber need to be visible? I can only see the marking on my barrel from a few specific angle with proper lighting...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just how easily does the caliber need to be visible? I can only see the marking on my barrel from a few specific angle with proper lighting...
View Quote
So you are stating it is visible without disassembly.  OK then.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So you are stating it is visible without disassembly.  OK then.
View Quote
No, you can see it without issue if you look from the muzzle end. A flashlight does help significantly though. Its on the very top, near the muzzle. Its just heard to see through the rail. Should I get the barrel engraved at where one of the slots are exposing the barrel?

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, you can see it without issue if you look from the muzzle end. A flashlight does help significantly though. Its on the very top, near the muzzle. Its just heard to see through the rail. Should I get the barrel engraved at where one of the slots are exposing the barrel?

http://i.imgur.com/6jWtTPF.jpg
View Quote
No, it's fine the way it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I had my engraver add caliber 300 (the caliber its registered in) in the trigger guard area when he engraved my SBR Aero Precision lower.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Hypothetically if you had a registered SBR and wanted to experiment with multiple barrels and calibers if one of those did not have the caliber markings, but the original did (so that you did not engrave the receiver) you wouldn't need to have it engraved since in theory it is not the final, "permanent" configuration?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top