Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:08:30 PM EDT
I recently bought a suppressor and have been waiting for the paperwork since august. I know that they don't require a form 20 to transport across state lines like an sbr does. I am in college (Nebraska) now living off campus and will be graduating next year. I am also in the marine corps so will be moving to Virginia ~8 months after graduate. I am from New Jersey. Then after I'm done in quantico, va, who knows where I'll go.

My question is should I go through with sbr'ing one of my guns now? I will probably go home to NJ when I graduate and will have to keep all my evil stuff including the suppressor in Pennsylvania while I'm there. That's unless I get a job in the meantime in a different state for that 8 months. I don't really want to have to form 20 my sbr twice or more in such a short amount of time. I guess I'm asking if it's worth it and if the form 20 is a pain? Maybe I can just keep it in a friendly state until I'm more settled in one location?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 5320.20 isn't a pain. You can email them in, then they mail them back. Not near the wait the F1s & F4s have.
View Quote
That's a relief to hear! I didn't know you can email them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 5320.20 isn't a pain. You can email them in, then they mail them back. Not near the wait the F1s & F4s have.
View Quote
@BigWaylon Wow, I didn't know you could email them!
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]
If you SBR a lower and need to move back to a non-friendly state, you could always sell off the short upper and just take the lower.

There are other options as well
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure you keep an eye on your 5320.20 and call to make sure it goes through.

Emailed mine and didn't hear back. Called and they didn't have anything but said it takes 30 days.

Called back at the 35 day mark and still nothing so the lady was really helpful and said she'd make sure it was cleared ASAP so I re-sent it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top