Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2017 10:12:30 PM EDT
I know the routine for submitting a Form 1.  I have 4 approved.

My last one was a Spike's ST22 lower that I listed as a soon-to-be 5.56 SBR.  Got a total of 5 calls from the ATF for clarification as well as sending pictures of the receiver, but it was approved.

Now I have finished a British RSAF Sten Mk II kit and am finishing up a Polish PPSh-41 kit.  When I submit the Form 1's for both, is there anything special I need to add to the forms to clarify they what they are?  Like detailed build info and pictures?

Just wondering if I should provide more info than is necessary or wait for a call.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about building firearms out of 80% receiver blanks (or from raw material) and then filing a form 1 to register it as an SBR?

If so, back when eforms was a thing, the direction was to use (FMI) as the manufacturer name.

I'm not sure if that is still the direction.  However, you might want to check the silencer BIY forum a few below this one.  The guys currently building form 1 silencers will know how to do the form.

As far as pictures or diagrams, I don't think any are needed unless ATF asks for them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know the routine for submitting a Form 1.  I have 4 approved.

My last one was a Spike's ST22 lower that I listed as a soon-to-be 5.56 SBR.  Got a total of 5 calls from the ATF for clarification as well as sending pictures of the receiver, but it was approved.

Now I have finished a British RSAF Sten Mk II kit and am finishing up a Polish PPSh-41 kit.  When I submit the Form 1's for both, is there anything special I need to add to the forms to clarify they what they are?  Like detailed build info and pictures?

Just wondering if I should provide more info than is necessary or wait for a call.
View Quote
The issue with the Spikes is probably because the lower is marked as .22LR, and you are making a 5.56 SBR with it. Im guessing they were confused about that, and may have thought that you may have made a mistake somewhere.

Not sure about your next question. Are you making them from a blank? IE not a receiver that is already registered? If that is the case, you would need to do as the previous poster said about the FMI.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
What is FMI?

The STEN tube is a reduced diameter tube from Indianapolis Ordnance,  and the PPSh is from a repair section from Hellbox Armory.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is FMI?

The STEN tube is a reduced diameter tube from Indianapolis Ordnance,  and the PPSh is from a repair section from Hellbox Armory.
View Quote
FMI is what one would use if making,
a suppressor, from scratch, or
if you make an AR from a block of metal, or metal plates, or plastic, or something that was not manufactured by a company and is not assigned a serial number, and you are submitting a form 1 on it.

I believe the FMI is/was only used for the Efile option, I'm not sure how the paper form was filled out if you make it from scratch as you are doing. Someone else will need to chime in on doing a paper form for making a sbr from a blank receiver.(IE, not from a manfg.)
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top