Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2017 9:32:25 AM EDT
OK I am building a shorty .300 BLK Upper but I think I want it to eventually be my first SBR.  I have not done NFA before.  

I do not have a trust. I have a spare SAA lower I want to Form 1.

In the simplest terms possible how do I start the process to get this thing started.  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do a .300blk pistol.   File the form 1 and wait a year to get approval,  add stock when you get the stamp
View Quote
I guess I needed to expound more.  I already have a pistol lower I am going to put it on...my .223 Wylde build.  

Was thinking about just doing a form 1 on this lower so I would have an SBR and a pistol lower for interchangeability during travel etc.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Get passport photos and get finger printed. Decide if you want to file as an individual or a trust. File the form 1 and wait.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
How to file a Form 1 as an Individual.

Read through that, BW typed up a really good procedure for what needs to be done.  There is also instruction there for filing with a trust if you want to investigate that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get passport photos and get finger printed. Decide if you want to file as an individual or a trust. File the form 1 and wait.
View Quote
Depending on the laws in your state, a corporation may also be a simple and inexpensive vehicle for NFA items. In MO I only had to pay $30 or whatever for the initial filing and presto I had an LLC. Also, here annual filings are only required if the corporation has income and mine does not. Same filing guidelines as a trust but slightly different legal entity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top