Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2017 2:06:59 PM EDT
First off I would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post. I have read the forums many times but just recently joined

Looking to see what the consensus is on which one should get the tax stamp. Whichever one doesn't get the stamp will probably go 18 inch spr.
I can get my hands on a factory mod2 11.5 inch Kac complete upper if I go knights. If I go Noveske it will get matched with a Noveske Vltor upper and a 10.5 or 12.5 CHF as they do not offer a 11.5 inch non stainless steel barrel.

I'm leaning towards the KAC because of the 11.5 inch but have read others saying the they are somewhat over gassed. This will also eventually more then likely be running a suppressor. I'm hopping that someone with more experience running sbr setups could give advice to help with the decision.

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Knights for the SBR and Noveske for the SPR.

SBR's are inherently harsh on bolts so you'll benefit more from the E3 bolt KAC offers. Noveske on the other hand is most well known for their SS barrels so that makes it an easy choice for a SPR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SBR's are inherently harsh on bolts so you'll benefit more from the E3 bolt KAC offers. Noveske on the other hand is most well known for their SS barrels so that makes it an easy choice for a SPR.
View Quote

This makes a lot of sense. It is one of the reasons I was leaning towards the KAC for the sbr since Noveske has their match chamber in their SS barrels and the Noveske marked Vltor upper that I can pickup locally will lend a hand in this setup as well I would think.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree 100%
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
KAC gets the stamp
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd vote the KAC as well.

I have a Gen2 300BLK Noveske SBR I made on a Form 1, but I didn't own any SR-15/SR-25/SR-30 guns at the time.

I think making your SR-15 stripped lower into a SBR will be really cool, especially with the HH buffer and an 11.5" 5.56 Mod1/Mod2 upper.  Try to do a Mod1 and grab a NT-4 can for it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:04:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

^ This is the correct answer ^
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Thx for all the good info. Looks like I'll be stamping the KAC. Now to start putting the parts list together and trying to find them in stock. I'll update the post once I have a list for more discussion
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Best source for KAC?
No local dealers near me.
Online?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Best source for KAC?
Online?
View Quote

Boltcarrier.com, Operation Parts/Small Arm Sales, Lawmens, Lanbo's Armory.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Best source for KAC?
Online?
View Quote

Freedom Firearms They only have the new stripped lowers that where on display at shot show and a couple full rifles. I guess they picked up a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got my 1st stamp last week.
Im SHOCKED knowone said tax both.

I would file and about 4 months later, file for the other.

When you get the 1st stamp, your going to ask yourself why you didnt stamp the 2nd....and you will have a 4 month head start.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When you get the 1st stamp, your going to ask yourself why you didnt stamp the 2nd....and you will have a 4 month head start.
View Quote

^THIS^

Finally someone got the right answer.  I have 5 SBR lowers and the verdict is still out on whether its enough.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

^THIS^

Finally someone got the right answer.  I have 5 SBR lowers and the verdict is still out on whether its enough.
View Quote

True
I have four, need four more lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is also some sound advice
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
KAC gets the stamp
View Quote

What he said. KAC all day every day.

Much better than KFC!

I have a feeling Noveske will soon be a "oh, you remember Noveske?" kinda thing.
Kinda of a boutique brand.

KAC is the real deal, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What he said. KAC all day every day.

Much better than KFC!

I have a feeling Noveske will soon be a "oh, you remember Noveske?" kinda thing.
Kinda of a boutique brand.

KAC is the real deal, IMHO.
View Quote
LOL....they've been around for darn near 20 years.    They aren't going anywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top