Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hear you
Here is a 12" Larue barrel compared to my 14.5" P/W Brake Tobr

The SF brake is longer then the SF flash hider but I have to compare them because thats what my can uses (and i'll never buy another brake because they SUCK).  

IMO the 12" upper is close enough to the 14.5" P/W that i'll never build one again.

I agree P/W can cost extra but Larue and some others will include it in the purchase.

And, for a couple inches I can't even leave the my state with the 12" without notifying our .gov overlords.

Thats why I suggest 10.3" because to 12" or 12.5" with a muzzle device is getting long.
View Quote

Ya, get the rail, barrel, and gas block you love and don't be afraid to p/w if you realize the limitations
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a 8.5 barrel with a 7in slr rifleworks rail. It leaves the perfect amount past the gaurd to screw on the can.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an 11.5" and a 12" both suppressed.

Not sure what anyone else's ideal is, but they're perfect to me.

this

I have a 12" and is my go to.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have three SBRs, two are 10.5" and one is 12.5". One of the 10.5" is a 9mm AR. The other 10.5" is a 5.56mm and my 12.5" is a 6.8 SPC. I like the 10.5" most of all. Here's the 5.56 and 6.8:

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Or

I shoot the 12.5 the most
View Quote

This.  10.5 is pretty annoying to shoot unsuppressed and is rougher on cans when you do actually shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My 7" upper serves my practical purpose as a PDW within 150 yards.
Great for cqb, room clearing, being armed when not looking armed and vehicle ops.    
I can shoot half dollar groups all day long with a T1 4 moa red dot at 50 yards out, drop a 1-4 variable and groups are consistent all the way out.      
You eliminate the light show with a good flash hider like the KX3 or KX5.  
I'm not suppressing it, so no can worries.

I haven't had any volunteers that want to step in front of the "toy."      

You should know your platform's purpose.  That's why I have other sbr's.

Muzzle brakes are your sacrificial blast baffle when shooting a can.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.  10.5 is pretty annoying to shoot unsuppressed and is rougher on cans when you do actually shoot suppressed.
View Quote

All shorty barrels suck shooting unsuppressed, especially with a brake and not a FH. For that matter longer barrels suck unsuppressed too.

A 10.5" barrel is so rough on a decent suppressor that after wearing out and changing a couple of barrels you might have significant baffle wear. See for confirmation the thread in silencers with photos of baffle wear.

JPK
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top