Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 2:13:28 AM EDT
I settled on an SLR rail awhile back, and bought it, but after a few months I decided that I didn't like it.

I have now decided that I want either a BCM KMR10 or a Daniel Defense M4 rail (also 10")

I currently have a KMR13 and really like it, but I also had a DD Ris II at one time and really liked it.

Which one would you guys choose?

The rifle (still a pistol until the stamp comes in) has a Noveske 11.5 SS barrel and I intend to use a TA31 ACOG with the ACSS reticle if that will sway anyones decision.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my Midwest Industries Ssm 10
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
This will sound silly but if it's going to be suppressed I really like how the KMR 10 looks on an 11.5. A URX 3.1 looks really good also. If it's not suppressed then the DD is my favorite quad rail and the only quad I have other than clones.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This will sound silly but if it's going to be suppressed I really like how the KMR 10 looks on an 11.5. A URX 3.1 looks really good also. If it's not suppressed then the DD is my favorite quad rail and the only quad I have other than clones.
View Quote

It will be suppressed 99% of the time probably.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
i run a KMR on my 10.5" and love it
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Nice setup! I have the same rail on my 11.5" and waiting for the Sandman-S stamp from last June.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]

One day my Sandman will be approved.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
11.5" w/ Sandman S
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
All of the KMRs that are used are the biggest reason that I was trying to go another direction. They are awesome handguards, but there are just so many.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
11.5" w/ Sandman S
http://i.imgur.com/gyYQYcC.jpg
View Quote

Other than the FDE and sights, that is exactly what mine would look like, Sandman and all.

Looks great.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I settled on an SLR rail awhile back, and bought it, but after a few months I decided that I didn't like it.

I have now decided that I want either a BCM KMR10 or a Daniel Defense M4 rail (also 10")

I currently have a KMR13 and really like it, but I also had a DD Ris II at one time and really liked it.

Which one would you guys choose?

The rifle (still a pistol until the stamp comes in) has a Noveske 11.5 SS barrel and I intend to use a TA31 ACOG with the ACSS reticle if that will sway anyones decision.

https://dsgarms.com/content/images/thumbs/0028697_bcm-115-barrel-cqb11-kmr-a-carbine-sbr-black.png

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2016/01/defense-daniel-v4s-2.jpg
View Quote

Whichever one you like.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
KAC rails are nice. I have a URX 3.1 and used to have a URX 4.0. The 4 is kinda like a KMR but with a larger OD and heavier and is truly a one piece rail, as in the rail is basically a giant barrel nut. But, you need a proprietary wrench to install it and not void the warranty although you an just buy the rail and installation service from boltcarrier.com

I'm thinking of a 9mm SBR with a URX rail just because (also a PDW stock & echo trigger if I can swing it)
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
KAC rails are nice. I have a URX 3.1 and used to have a URX 4.0. The 4 is kinda like a KMR but with a larger OD and heavier and is truly a one piece rail, as in the rail is basically a giant barrel nut. But, you need a proprietary wrench to install it and not void the warranty although you an just buy the rail and installation service from boltcarrier.com

I'm thinking of a 9mm SBR with a URX rail just because (also a PDW stock & echo trigger if I can swing it)
View Quote

OOS and they want $75 to install.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OOS and they want $75 to install.
View Quote
Operation Parts and Lawmen's & Shooter's supply are also go to KAC dealers, IMO. Lawmen's is basically the KAC factory store and is GTG. I've bought several things from Marc Tyrpak.

As for the $75; that seems reasonable for a KAC certified armorer to install the rail. Ayan is a stand-up guy that's active on here and also does non-KAC stuff depending on his workload. You might be able to bum a URX wrench in the KAC sub-forum (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_381/281784_Anyone-have-a-URX-wrench-I-can-borrow-.html) if you want to install the rail yourself.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a URX 4 and a KMR. I prefer the KMR to the URX 4 because of the KMR's narrower profile and lighter weight. And the pita installation of the URX 4.

If you ever run clip on thermal or NV the URX is much stiffer, which is an important advantage in that situation.

OP, I'm surprised you didn't like the SLR hand guard. I have one on my 11.5" 6.8 SPC II and really like it. Which do/did you have? Selling it?

JPK
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a URX 4 and a KMR. I prefer the KMR to the URX 4 because of the KMR's narrower profile and lighter weight. And the pita installation of the URX 4.

If you ever run clip on thermal or NV the URX is much stiffer, which is an important advantage in that situation.

OP, I'm surprised you didn't like the SLR hand guard. I have one on my 11.5" 6.8 SPC II and really like it. Which do/did you have? Selling it?

JPK
View Quote

I had the Ion lite and sold it.

I absolutely hate the way it mounts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]
The real answer is to go 10.3 with a Geissele 9.5 MK4 with Sandman S for the win.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I went with the 10.0 DDM4 for my 11.5" build. I have had a lot of different forearms over the years from a number of different companies. DD has been my favorite for a while but damn, they really nailed it with the DDM4/Lite Rail III version! I absolutely love it and IMO, It's just about the perfect rail. Light, thin, solid, built in sling mounts, easy to install, etc. My only complaints are the cost and I wish DD would release some other lengths such as a 9.5" (for 10.3/10/5" builds) and a 10.75 for 11.5" builds.

The KMR by all accounts is a great forearm too but I don't like the keymod system. Just can't get past a bunch of little penis looking cutouts all over the place if BCM ever gets over it and produces an MLOK version, then I'd love to try one. I do like MLOK forearms but every one I've looked at has at least 1 or more shortcomings. The closest version to perfect IMO is the KAC URX 4 but the problem with that one is due to the way it mounts, pinned on gas blocks are not an option and I personally only trust pinned on gas blocks.

Here's a shitty cell phone pic of mine...
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I had the Ion lite and sold it.

I absolutely hate the way it mounts.
View Quote

Hmm, different stroke, different folks...

I have the SOLO Lite and I like the fact that every keymod slot is a QD mount. Didn't think it was significant, but I find it a remarkably useful feature. Stiff too, would make for a good handguard for anyone using thermal or ND clip ons.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd always preferred quad rails until I got a KMR on an 11.5 BCM.

Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I went with the 10.0 DDM4 for my 11.5" build. I have had a lot of different forearms over the years from a number of different companies. DD has been my favorite for a while but damn, they really nailed it with the DDM4/Lite Rail III version! I absolutely love it and IMO, It's just about the perfect rail. Light, thin, solid, built in sling mounts, easy to install, etc. My only complaints are the cost and I wish DD would release some other lengths such as a 9.5" (for 10.3/10/5" builds) and a 10.75 for 11.5" builds.

The KMR by all accounts is a great forearm too but I don't like the keymod system. Just can't get past a bunch of little penis looking cutouts all over the place if BCM ever gets over it and produces an MLOK version, then I'd love to try one. I do like MLOK forearms but every one I've looked at has at least 1 or more shortcomings. The closest version to perfect IMO is the KAC URX 4 but the problem with that one is due to the way it mounts, pinned on gas blocks are not an option and I personally only trust pinned on gas blocks.

Here's a shitty cell phone pic of mine...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/cgv69/AR-M4/MegaSBR11.5_zps1xoitljo.jpg
View Quote

Nice!

Just a heads up, BCM said Mlok and picatinny "KMR"s are coming
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nice!

Just a heads up, BCM said Mlok and picatinny "KMR"s are coming
View Quote

Thank and thanks for the heads up. I'm very interested to see what they come up with?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thank and thanks for the heads up. I'm very interested to see what they come up with?
View Quote

Not sure, they just said that in their industry forum, they didn't elaborate at all other than to say it should be sometime this fall.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmm, might need to be ready to hit the EE to pick up a couple of spare KMRs when an Mlok version of the KMR comes out. A lot of people don't like Keymod. I do, and having both keymod and Mlok hand guards I find the keymod better for attaching accessories and more comfortable in the hand.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hmm, might need to be ready to hit the EE to pick up a couple of spare KMRs when an Mlok version of the KMR comes out. A lot of people don't like Keymod. I do, and having both keymod and Mlok hand guards I find the keymod better for attaching accessories and more comfortable in the hand.
View Quote

Same here, Mlok was ok, but I prefer keymod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top