Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 7:37:55 PM EDT
I'm sending a 16 inch barrel to be chopped and threaded for use on my SBR. Any opinions on "best" length.  It seems like the consensus for 5.56mm has become 11.5 inches.  Looking for a similar "best" figure for 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea but I like my 12.5"
It wears a F1 can right now
I also have an approved F1 for a 12" Wasr-10

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea but I like my 12.5"
It wears a F1 can right now
I also have an approved F1 for a 12" Wasr-10

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/Mobile%20Uploads/0AE62FFB-09D0-4860-B012-ABA230A6F4EE.jpg
View Quote

That WASR sounds cool.

After some indecision I settled on 11.5.  My can is warrantied at 10+, I already have a 10.5, and didn't feel that 12.5 was worth the stamp.  Plug my rifle can is the Hybrid and, while it suppresses great, it's beefy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Performance wise, I can't say, but a 7.62 Krink is way blasty and flashy....so much so, that it would not be practical for anything serious.  That's about 9-ish inches, as I recall.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That WASR sounds cool.

After some indecision I settled on 11.5.  My can is warrantied at 10+, I already have a 10.5, and didn't feel that 12.5 was worth the stamp.
View Quote
I absolutely get that mentality. I wanted something different and it's super light under the handguard, like .550"

Here's the Wasr as a 16"

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If I were building one it would be 12.5".

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's my 12.5" as it sits now

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote 11.0"! It's the middle rifle with a Saker 762 installed on the KAK Value Line 11" barrel (carbine gas length). I'm not sure what makes it "Value" other than the price as it's been incredibly accurate. I've been able to ring steel consistently past 500 yards with crappy ammo and the crappy 4X scope. For barrel length comparison, the rifle to the left is an 8.5" 300BLK with a Saker 762 as well. The rifle to the right is a 10.5" 5.56 with a Saker 556. The handguards are all Aero 12" Enhanced M-Lok. The angle of the picture kind of makes them look long but even the 7.62x39 is within an inch as short as a standard 16" carbine with flash hider.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Performance wise, I can't say, but a 7.62 Krink is way blasty and flashy....so much so, that it would not be practical for anything serious.  That's about 9-ish inches, as I recall.
View Quote
Nonsense. Plenty of M92s have gotten "serious" jobs done in Iraq. Leave the BS comps and brakes at home and use an effective flash hider and it's no worse than a short barreled 5.56. In fact, it's actually less annoying because it has a lower tone compared to the high pitched shriek of 5.56mm.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nonsense. Plenty of M92s have gotten "serious" jobs done in Iraq. Leave the BS comps and brakes at home and use an effective flash hider and it's no worse than a short barreled 5.56. In fact, it's actually less annoying because it has a lower tone compared to the high pitched shriek of 5.56mm.

http://www.ricanhavocproductions.com/oldsite/images/m92-slr-aimpoint-inforce-manticore-1.jpg
View Quote

Nice AK. Mind breaking down the build?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks! Here's the skinny:

M92 - Form 1'd
Manticore triangle stock pictured (it now wears a short length CNC Warrior triangle, which is much lighter)
Stormwerkz folding stock hinge
US Palm Grip
Tapco G2
SLR Rifleworks AK 5.4" Mid Keymod forend
Aimpoint H1 2MOA
Aimpoint LRP mount (lower 1/3 co-witness)
Inforce WML (Haley momentary model)
Manticore Arms Eclipse flash hider
(Muzzle device detent kit added)
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

M92 - Form 1'd
Manticore triangle stock pictured (it now wears a short length CNC Warrior triangle, which is much lighter)
US Palm Grip
Tapco G2
Aimpoint H1 2MOA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M92 - Form 1'd
US Palm Grip
Tapco G2
Aimpoint H1 2MOA

Makes me want to build one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Faxon 10.5 works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top