Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 11:49:55 PM EDT
Got one of these barrels installed in the mpx. Really nice and very easy to do with the block they offer.

4.5" mpx barrel
Here's a quick vid installing  barrel using their block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBe684435eE
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
im really considering this. please do post on any cons after range. i like the whole solid setup instead of piecing together with the a 3lug
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
How long before we find out OP's connection to in lead we trust? It's obvious this wasn't your first time doing this using these products. You can see the ring from where you have turned barrel upside down an hit it on the bench before this video. So what's your connection here?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long before we find out OP's connection to in lead we trust? It's obvious this wasn't your first time doing this using these products. You can see the ring from where you have turned barrel upside down an hit it on the bench before this video. So what's your connection here?
View Quote

I am local to them and have a few of their products.  You are correct, I have done this before I swapped out a carbine and a pistol barrel.  I had to step away in the middle of the first install I was filming and since I had placed a timer there to show that nothing had been edited I put the factory barrel back in it and started it over.  I never said that I only did it once, I didn't realize that there was a penalty for trying to show it was easily accomplished with the block and showing it start to stop uninterrupted.  Not sure why their would be an accusation here.  But to put all theories aside yes I am a customer and friend as a lot of the local nfa and shooting guys are, he is well known in the area. So not hiding any relationships just showing process off swapping the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Your method for showing wasn't the problem. The potential issue is we have a lot of people who come here to shill products without paying the site advertising membership fee. These people often have affiliations with the business and a very low post count. Hence why I figured you knew these guys personally and/or are involved with there business.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh I see Kapo, I guess I'm just  a man of few words.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
edit
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm begging him to do one for the Gen 1 guns. We need some love too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm begging him to do one for the Gen 1 guns. We need some love too.
View Quote

lol it does suck that the early adopters always get screwed
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol it does suck that the early adopters always get screwed
View Quote

I bought one for a Gen 1 (by accident).  It is just a raw barrel, that you mount in your barrel extension, then it becomes a quick change barrel.  Looking at the barrel after I got it the only 3 things that can be Gen 1 or 2 specific is the feed ramps are milled differently, or the headspace is wrong, or the mounting pin locations have changed.

It was just delivered this week, I'll pull my Gen 1 barrel out of my MPX this weekend and take some measurements to see what the differences are.

ETA:  I just pulled my Gen 1 barrel, and all the measurements are the same as this Gen 2 replacement from ILWT.  I can't see any reason it wouldn't work.  I'm going to install it then measure headspace to make sure it isn't wildly off or something.

ETA2:  Well, the damn thing slid in like butter and installed like it was a factory Sig part.  Now I just need a 9mm go/no-go gage set and I can see if it is safe to test fire.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I bought one for a Gen 1 (by accident).  It is just a raw barrel, that you mount in your barrel extension, then it becomes a quick change barrel.  Looking at the barrel after I got it the only 3 things that can be Gen 1 or 2 specific is the feed ramps are milled differently, or the headspace is wrong, or the mounting pin locations have changed.

It was just delivered this week, I'll pull my Gen 1 barrel out of my MPX this weekend and take some measurements to see what the differences are.

ETA:  I just pulled my Gen 1 barrel, and all the measurements are the same as this Gen 2 replacement from ILWT.  I can't see any reason it wouldn't work.  I'm going to install it then measure headspace to make sure it isn't wildly off or something.
View Quote

Thanks for keeping us posted. Looking toward further info.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got one of these barrels installed in the mpx. Really nice and very easy to do with the block they offer.

4.5" mpx barrel
Here's a quick vid installing  barrel using their block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBe684435eE
View Quote

In Lead We Trust is GTG.
ChaosRob is great to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone put rounds through these MPX barrels yet? Reliability? Accuracy?

Can't find any reviews.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has anyone put rounds through these MPX barrels yet? Reliability? Accuracy?

Can't find any reviews.

Thanks
View Quote

I will this week.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm also looking forward to reviews of this barrel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

+3

I would like to hear how this barrel performs on the MPX as I may get one if performance is good.  The factory SIG barrel has been very accurate so far so hate to lose that on another barrel but the length with machined 3lug looks nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#17]
What parts are required to make this a true "PLUG AND PLAY", where you can just simply swap barrels???

And, can you get those parts from "ANYWHERE"?????

I've got a Gen 1 Factory SBR, and I'd really like to get the 3 lug....
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What parts are required to make this a true "PLUG AND PLAY", where you can just simply swap barrels???

And, can you get those parts from "ANYWHERE"?????

I've got a Gen 1 Factory SBR, and I'd really like to get the 3 lug....
View Quote

Just the barrel itself.  I installed it in my vice on my workbench, you don't need the optional piece they sell to facilitate the install if you have a good tool set.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Now if only Sig sold spare parts so I could swap between the K-length barrel and my integral setup.

BTW, I have only heard positive reviews of Inleadwetrust on uzitalk.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now if only Sig sold spare parts so I could swap between the K-length barrel and my integral setup.
View Quote

Have you seen page 110 of the new catalog?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Have you seen page 110 of the new catalog?
View Quote

So they are advertizing 9mm caliber conversion kits *still*.  So what, they've been advertising a ton of items for the past 4y that they don't actually make and have no available time frame on delivery.  

I think Sig flushed their reputation down the toilet with the shooting community to devote their time, resources and money to chase the Army P320 contract.  

Sig is the new H&K.  They hate you because you are civilian and scrap your dream products because they don't have a contract lined up with uncle money to buy $56,000,000 of the product guaranteed (the value of the contract they just won with the Army).
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#22]
They're taking orders for the barrels in different lengths. That said, please disregard, I was just trying to help.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They're taking orders for the barrels in different lengths. That said, please disregard, I was just trying to help.
View Quote

Until someone has them in hand I don't believe it.  They took my order for a caliber conversion kit over a year and a half ago.  Never happened.  They took my order for a Gen 2 upper as a replacement for a caliber conversion kit for my Gen 1....never happened.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Until someone has them in hand I don't believe it.  They took my order for a caliber conversion kit over a year and a half ago.  Never happened.  They took my order for a Gen 2 upper as a replacement for a caliber conversion kit for my Gen 1....never happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one of their new catalogs also and saw the barrels, but as dyezak says "don't believe it". Go to the Sig forum or anywhere they talk about the MPX/MCX and you'll see what we are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Gen 1 barrels are now listed on the website.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered a Gen 1 barrel last week.  Anyone else buy-in?  If so have you received it yet?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#27]
In lead we trust is gtg.

I have their 3 lug m11/9 barrel and 3 lug adapters.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I ordered a Gen 1 barrel last week.  Anyone else buy-in?  If so have you received it yet?
View Quote

I bought the 4.5" Lugged with the .060" GP. Haven't seen it yet. It's been about a week since my purchase.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I bought the 4.5" Lugged with the .060" GP. Haven't seen it yet. It's been about a week since my purchase.
View Quote

Website indicated it was in stock...  I can't imagine it is taking this long to ship if it was in stock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#30]
The first line of all their mpx barrels sections say to allow ~3 weeks for delivery and that this was a pre-order.  I know they sold out of the first run in a couple days
https://www.inleadwetrust.com/collections/mpx-parts/products/gen-2-mpx-barrels-w-gasblock
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I received an un-solicited email today saying that he was running a bit behind due to parts availability from Sig, which has caused him to make his own. He also said that he had a loss in his family, and he's is still trying to recover from that. IIRC he thought about two weeks more or so. The email also stated that he will gladly refund anyone who is not willing to wait.

I'm gladly waiting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Help me understand these barrels, it looks like the end is threaded, and there's a 3 lug mount on them. So you can use either a direct thread can or a 3 lug can on the end of this barrel?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Help me understand these barrels, it looks like the end is threaded, and there's a 3 lug mount on them. So you can use either a direct thread can or a 3 lug can on the end of this barrel?
View Quote
yes!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered two of the threaded 4.5", without the tri lug (said out of stock). If I'm using 147grain subs, and a suppressor, will this cycle ok with the .050 gas port? I didn't notice there was an option for the larger port before I placed my order. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Just wanted to give a follow up review on these barrels. I'll keep it short and to the point...do not hesitate to buy one of these, they are WELL worth the money! Both of the ones I received installed without a hiccup, and they were beautifully machined. My gun cycles great with everything up to the 150 grain federal hst's I ran through it without opening up the gas port on the factory gas block. I got the .060 gas ported barrel for reference. Worked great with the silencerco tri lug adapter and the omega9k. 

VERY pleased with these.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top