Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2017 9:21:46 PM EDT
For sbr to tame the obnoxious blast and noise? What has worked for you? Yes I have suppressors but sometimes need to keep it short like in the vehicle and supps not allowed on duty sbr.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Any flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any flash hider.
View Quote

This. Most people won't notice the difference between a standard A2 and whatever else is the latest, coolest device. I know I can't. I have an A2 on my 10.5 and don't plan on changing it until I get a can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Your choice of flash hider...

If you want to get fancy get something like the Noveske KX3
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Linear comp.  I use STD or Kaw Valley if I want it small.  Barking Spider or Flaming Pig for better performance if size is not an issue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
what suppressor do you have?

Run a flash hinder or maybe try one of those blast deals like the warden if there is one combatible
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the BRT covert comp

Its adds virtually no length or weight vs an A2, but offers the properties of a linear comp. It's pretty low profile as well and isn't too "flashy". Price is very reasonable too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For sbr to tame the obnoxious blast and noise? What has worked for you? Yes I have suppressors but sometimes need to keep it short like in the vehicle and supps not allowed on duty sbr.
View Quote

A suppressor, it not, then ear plugs

In all seriousness though, one of those blast deflector thingys seems to help.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Linear comps.  Like some of the other guys mentioned.  There was a noticeable difference when changing from the A2 to a true linear comp.  I did notice an increase tho in muzzle flash mostly thru my nods if that matters, hence the term flash hider I suppose.   

Definitely a difference in sound and blast redirecting though.

Best of luck to ya!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
PWS CQB is a night and day difference in comparison to a standard flash hider of any design. It is chunky (heavy) but not a significant increase in overall length. I run one on a 7" AR and it's very pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Most people won't notice the difference between a standard A2 and whatever else is the latest, coolest device. I know I can't. I have an A2 on my 10.5 and don't plan on changing it until I get a can.
View Quote

I had an A2 on my 14.5" M4. Replaced it with a Strike J Comp... The difference is incredible.
I highly recommend, especially for $35.00
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Its adds virtually no length or weight vs an A2, but offers the properties of a linear comp. It's pretty low profile as well and isn't too "flashy". Price is very reasonable too.
View Quote

These are really nice and push the blast forward.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one of these on my 10.3" 5.56 SBR.  Made a very noticeable difference in concussion.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The best muzzle devices I've found over the years have been a Kx3 or Kx5 noveske. Or another one is the pws cqb.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
About 2 years ago, I was at a private range with 7 other guys, all shooting Rifles. I had a PWS CQB, a Troy Claymore, and an A1 style FS.
I was shooting a 10.5" SBR. We got in a conversation about the effectiveness of linear comps and everyone stopped shooting, stood to the rear and both sides while I shot the SBR for 5 rounds, then I would let someone else shoot while I stood off to the side. I had to use HOTT gloves to swap them, and the Troy wasn't rotationally aligned, but it was informative anyway.
A1 was first, for a baseline, and was loud and concussive to the bystanders.
PWS was more comfortable to everyone there than the A1. As the shooter, I also felt no concussion.
Troy Claymore got everything from "almost as good" to "about the same" as the PWS.

Anecdotally, I thought that the 16" ARs with A2s were less pleasant as a bystander than the PWS CQB.

So they do seem to work, but still no magic involved- Suppressors Trump Linear brakes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
The most effective I have found to be the PWS CQB.  I have one on my 7.5" AK47.  Very effective at directing the concussive blast away from the shooter or anyone standing next to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top