Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2017 9:38:27 PM EDT
Hey guys, I currently have an AR pistol together but am going to form 1 it at some point in the near future  However at this time I'm in the market for a nondescript soft case that doesn't scream I'M A GUN at a glance.  I'm not looking to go to church carrying a tennis racket case with a rifle in it, whistling and acting like it's perfectly normal.  I WOULD like to have a case for an assembled weapon that doesn't look like a gun case if I'm taking crap out of my trunk at daycare and another soccer mom gets a random, nosy look into my junk.  Current overall length is 29 inches, any suggestions?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a mandolin case stuffed with foam and ready to cut, havnt gotten round to cutting it yet..

replaced all the internal Styrofoam that came with the case and replaced with closed cell foam...
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a couple of non-descript cases that would fit a pistol or short SBR. I can't figure out how to post links on my iPad, but will do it when I get to my desk top.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a scorpion SBR in a phitz trumpet case
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a couple of non-descript cases that would fit a pistol or short SBR. I can't figure out how to post links on my iPad, but will do it when I get to my desk top.
View Quote

Would appreciate it.  Here are a couple I've found so far:

Midway case, charcoal, 29" internal space.
Inexpensive, charcoal isn't black or camo, a rectangle is, well, anything that fits in a rectangle.

Bulldog Case 29"
Also inexpensive and a rectangle.  And blue, I like blue.

UTG case
Not too badly priced, sports bag-ish shape, also blue.  Doesn't look gun-like.

Sneaky Bag
NOT inexpensive.  Very neat.  Not gun-like.  Not inexpensive, did I say that?  Really neat though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the 22" and 29" Midway cases you linked. The 22" holds a suppressed Scorpion EVO SBR (Omega 9K, factory stock folded) and the 29" holds a 10.5" barreled AR SBR (regular receiver extension) suppressor taken off.

They're EXCELLENT cases for the money.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bulldog Case 29"
View Quote

I have this one, and it works pretty well.  I need to get around to sewing in some straps and closures on the mag pouches.  It holds my 10.5" AR SBR in one piece.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I own the Bulldog and Sneaky products.

The Bulldog is a good, basic case. No frills, holds my MP5.

The Sneaky case is ok. As a backpack, it's terrible. Not a big deal since I didn't buy it to hike with, but it was designed that way by them, and it's awkward. It does help in carrying shit around and having a hands-free case obviously frees 2 hands up for other stuff like ammo or other cases at the range. As a discreet case, pretty damn good. For the price, IMO, it should have more internal features. It's very "vanilla" inside. Some internal pockets, MOLLE would both be a significant improvement.

That UTG case looks kind of interesting, I'd be interested in hearing from owners of that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for the blue Bulldog case here.  I have 2

One nice "feature" with them is that the internal soft surface works like the loop side of velcro, so you can add velcro back pouches or tie-downs (I make my own) to hold things in place in the bag.

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have this one, and it works pretty well.  I need to get around to sewing in some straps and closures on the mag pouches.  It holds my 10.5" AR SBR in one piece.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bulldog Case 29"

This bag fits a Tavor quite well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Hard Pelican cases are pretty damn sweet...  Mine fits in a 1490 as a takedown.

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Edit:  Disregard.  Missed the "soft" case part...
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, Dewalt recip saw case.  Rifle is 7" PWS Diablo long-stroke piston (MK107).  Older / original model.  They're a little different nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes, Dewalt recip saw case.  Rifle is 7" PWS Diablo long-stroke piston (MK107).  Older / original model.  They're a little different nowadays.
View Quote

I have a dewalt case in the workshop awaiting that very treatment..need to get some more foam..
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a dewalt case in the workshop awaiting that very treatment..need to get some more foam.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a dewalt case in the workshop awaiting that very treatment..need to get some more foam.

That is really slick... that being said, I have had more Dewalts stolen than I have firearms!  Damn sticky worksite fingers.

I actually ended up ordering one of the UTGs from Amazon last night, going to roll the dice.  I will put something up once I receive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Tennis Racket case.

I have been looking for a old beat up tennis racket soft case for my underfolder.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmm, I just picked up a Slazenger Tennis Bag at my local Dicks for a 25" pistol I just built. I don't know if you could get a 29" pistol in it or not. It is 28" inside but might could angle it in. I just bought it for about $20 until I find a case I like better.

This will work for me for now, being only 58 and about 250# I fit right in with the tennis crowd!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#19]
My personal favorite is the Elite Survival Systems Stealth backpack. Unfortunately, it won't fit a 29" AR unless the upper and lower are split.

External view:

Outermost pocket, lined with PALS webbing for attachment of pouches:

Innermost pocket, where rifle is stored:
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#20]
If it has anything in the name referencing firearms AT ALL, bend over. I like some of the (who would have thought) ideas posted.
There are plenty of things that can be used for (discreet) cases. Look around you and places you go. Anything the length of the upper has potential.

IMO, all the cases that have velcro straps for "holding" things in place, are junk. YMMV

Edit
The Bulldog 29" Ultra Compact case could have potential. It appears to be made similar to a suitcase 65% bottom height, 35% top.
An ideal candidate to add a chunk of closed cell foam to the bottom, for a cut-to-fit application.
Quality is questionable.

The Covert Carbine Discreet Case is another candidate similar to the Bulldog Case that foam could be added.
The straps are an added plus
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#21]
There this, but pony up!  emdom tnt case
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Have a look here. Check the sale rack

Definitely not non-descript!!
Check the video review. NCstar Tactical Rifle Scabbard
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#23]

I have one like that. Mine is like new. I like how yours is all scratched up.
I'll have to drag it around behind the truck.
I also have a few drill cases i got at work when the drills died and were being thrown away.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tennis Racket case.

I have been looking for a old beat up tennis racket soft case for my underfolder.
View Quote

That's what I use for my 11.5" sbr. The wife found one for me at a thrift store for $3.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Brownells 25in ESG pack is fairly innocuous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top