Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 3:56:04 PM EDT
I've collected a shit load of stamps this year and need to send one of my rifles off to have some work done on it. Do I need to fill out any forms with the ATF to ship my SBR to a SOT Manufacturer in another state?

Manufacturer told me to put a copy of my Approved form 1 in the shipment. Any thing else needed to be done?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any thing else needed to be done?
View Quote

Not sure if you need an ATF 5320.20 approved prior. Other than that, it depends how you're shipping it.

USPS:
432.1 (b) Short-barreled rifles or shotguns that can be concealed on the person are nonmailable.
View Quote

UPS:
Packing and Labeling Requirements for Firearms
All firearms must be shipped in new corrugated packaging which meets the UPS Single Wall Box Strength Guidelines.
The shipper must use Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required service for each package containing a firearm, including a handgun or a firearm suppressor, and affix a UPS label requesting an adult signature upon delivery.

The labeling and outer box markings on all firearms shipments should not identify the contents as containing a firearm. Labeling, including the shipper's and consignee's abbreviated names on the shipping label or air shipping document, must be non-descriptive.

Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes or UPS On-Call Pickup®, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store®, any third party retailer, or any UPS Access Point™ location.
View Quote

FedEx:
Firearms

Carrier will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
       Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
       Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
   Carrier cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D.
   Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm.
   The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
   The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
   Carrier will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the work being done require shipping the entire firearm?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the work being done require shipping the entire firearm?
View Quote

Yes it's on a AK. I think I've found a credible place to have it done locally now though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#4]
These guys are epic, I've had three rifles (2 AR and 1 AK) engraved by them.  They were able to engrave on the magazine well flare with the necessary info.

Real quick turn around time as well.  I think they even filled in the engraved portion with color so the metal isn't shining through.  You may have strip the gun down depending on where the engraving will go, saves on shipping.

Molon Labe Engraving
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top