Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2016 12:13:19 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I am looking at the BCM 9" 300BLK upper with 8" KMR rail or the Ballistic Advantage 8.3" 300BLK upper 7" Rail.  I am kinda torn between the two as reviews of BA barrels are great and BCM has a strong/loyal following. Anyone have any experience with either or have a preference? I will be shooting subs and supers with this rifle.

Links
BCM 300BLK upper
BA 300BLK upper
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my BCM 9in 300blk.... plus you get a good deal on their BCG and charging handle.  Put one of my suppressors on it for the first time and didn't notice any of the gas blowback you hear about.  Maybe that's only with 5.56.  Either way, BCM is the way to go.  I'm probably going to buy another just for the heck of it.  

EDIT:
Cycled subs and supers just fine with and without suppressor attached.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my BCM 9in 300blk.... plus you get a good deal on their BCG and charging handle.  Put one of my suppressors on it for the first time and didn't notice any of the gas blowback you hear about.  Maybe that's only with 5.56.  Either way, BCM is the way to go.  I'm probably going to buy another just for the heck of it.  

EDIT:
Cycled subs and supers just fine with and without suppressor attached.
View Quote

When you switch between subs and supers do you switch from carbine buffer to h3 buffer?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The 300BLK is unique in regards to the lack of necessity, when adding a suppressor, to have either a gas control mechanism or, alternatively, any change in buffer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The 300BLK is unique in regards to the lack of necessity, when adding a suppressor, to have either a gas control mechanism or, alternatively, any change in buffer.
View Quote

Agree 100%

I started with blackout building a 14.5 with a pin and weld.

EVERYONE  hear said i was crazy and to just build a sbr....I didnt listen.
 I was building a 10 in no time.

The 14.5 BA barrel / gas port size shoots everything I have ever loaded in a mag.
This includes lead cast.

The 10 BA shoots just as well, if not even better, and thats in a pistol!

Good luck with your choice.
You Will be happy with a BA.

Oh.... both have a carbine spring and H buffer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

100% necessary, no. I have found that it can tame some of the recoil to a degree with an adjustable gas block though...I've NEVER had the gas issues with a BLK that I've found in 5.56 rifles though.

OP, your choices are both excellent. I would be confident with either one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Andro Corp upper in 300 BO with an 8" BA barrel and so far it's been awesome, you can't go wrong with either choice. Andro has amazing customer service and is a forum industry partner who will offer excellent discounts for forum members, just shoot him an email and he'll take great care of you. All of their uppers use BA barrels.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Ballistic Advantage has a good sale going on and it was too good to pass up...
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When you switch between subs and supers do you switch from carbine buffer to h3 buffer?
View Quote

Nope no switching... cycles fine
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#9]
That's the beauty of 300BLK. Just load up a mag of whatever (super or sub) and blast away.
No adjustments needed.

I'd say BCM. Things are built rock solid.

Whichever you go with change out that fugly keymod handguard asap
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's the beauty of 300BLK. Just load up a mag of whatever (super or sub) and blast away.
No adjustments needed.

I'd say BCM. Things are built rock solid.

Whichever you go with change out that fugly keymod handguard asap
View Quote

Haha or just cover every section of the dick holes with rail covers and a flash light.  I don't mind mine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top