Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2016 4:19:24 PM EDT
So today I was at my LGS picking up a couple of Soul Snatcher lowers I ordered from Sons Of Liberty.  This was looking me right in the eye.  Guy cuts me good deals, so I broke down.  Guess I'll be sending a Form 1 off Next week.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?  How long is the barrel on these pistols for the form 1?  Where did you guys that have them have them engraved?  What part is considered the Firearm on these?  

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
As shown in your photo, it doesn't need a stamp I don't think.

Or are you attaching the buttstock?

JPK
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

JPK
View Quote

Yes, It is currently a pistol, but will be submitting a form 1 so that I can attach a stock.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What caliber did you get? I have the 45 ACP SBR.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What caliber did you get? I have the 45 ACP SBR.
View Quote

Mine is in 9.  Which I like because I have a ton of glock mags.  ETS 30s and Glock 33s.  I'd like one in 10MM.  Do you have to by the whole new lower to change caliber?  That sucks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Midwest industries new mlok slots
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, It is currently a pistol, but will be submitting a form 1 so that I can attach a stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK

Cool. I am envious! Congrats.

Good news is that you can use it as a pistol until the stamp comes through.

JPK
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my form 1 approved the other week for the Kriss Vector. The barrel on the pistol is 5.5 inches and I engraved the little spot opposite of where Kriss engraved their information.

Unfortunately the lower is considered the firearm so if you want to change calibers, you will have to sbr the new caliber separately.

By the way, I like the color.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Unfortunately the lower is considered the firearm so if you want to change calibers, you will have to sbr the new caliber separately.

Why?  Uzi SMG's are multi-caliber like AR-15/M-16's?  Why is the Kriss different?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.

The barrel, frame or receiver must be engraved, so pick one of those items that will still be present after a caliber change, and engrave there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No.

The barrel, frame or receiver must be engraved, so pick one of those items that will still be present after a caliber change, and engrave there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

The lower has the serial number. So when you change calibers you change serial numbers. you can't get around that. You can put your sbr information in the places you mentioned, but the original serial number is tied to the lower. When you fill out your form 1 you give them the serial number from that lower. A different lower would be considered a different firearm and thus a separate form 1.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just got my form 1 approved the other week for the Kriss Vector. The barrel on the pistol is 5.5 inches and I engraved the little spot opposite of where Kriss engraved their information.

By the way, I like the color.
View Quote

Awesome, do you have any pics of it?  Did you use the SMG stock?  Thats what I plan on using.   I saw that bare metal spot, and figured that is where it would gu.  And I have been researching the caliber issue, and came to that conclusion.  It is pretty bad that they act like its a simple swap on their website.  But in reality you are changing the "firearm"  And only saving a couple C notes off of an entire separate weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top