Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2016 12:16:37 PM EDT
Looking for next NFA purchase. Already have quite a few SBR and PCC SBRs and wanting something different. Any body have LWRC IC PDW? Seems like a nice PDW to keep in a bedside drawer for home defense. My questions is for people who have these how do they do suppressed? My other question if I could make some sort of spacer to fill the buffer tube to be able to use a .22 conversion upper on it for plinking or maybe even a Faxon upper on it? I would rather buy a complete package than use a third part PDW stock on an existing lower.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the opportunity to shoot the PDW full auto with a Saker K at the Capitol Armory booth at the Texas Firearms Festival. I was very surprised that the stock buffer tube didn't beat my face up and there was a serious lack of gas blowback. It was the OD green model, very sweet looking. I have numerous SBRs and suppressors and thought I was done with more SBRs until I shot that one. Now I'm planning to make a clone or just buy one complete, Capitol has an OD green in stock!
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Funny I was thinking of ordering the OD green one and saker K from capital armory in fact. Ha.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Do it! No better day to buy some NFA stuff than today.

In regards to the 22 upper, I would use a cut down spring to apply pressure to the back of the unit. Very simple and you probably have a donor spring laying around and they are cheap if you don't.

Skip to 1:20 in the video below and you'll see how the rifle is taken down by pushing both takedown pins and sliding the upper forward to remove from the lower. You don't pivot it apart like using a normal buffer system due to the spring not being captured.

LWRC PDW Review Video

Edited to remove all of the non-embedded youtube links. Apparently a 33 year old engineer is not capable of embedding the video, guess I need assistance from the youth.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these.  Got it about a 6 weeks ago and have about 200 rds through it.  It is a very nice, high quality rifle.  Shoots great out of the box and zero issues so far.  However, as expected it is loud.  I have mounted a Elite Iron CQC on it and it is shootable without hearing protection for a few rounds.  Buddy of mine liked it so much he just plunked money down for one.  Get one if you can find one, apparently they are getting harder to find.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
So its not extremely gassy? I was kinda wishing it had adjustable gas block like other LWRC rifles. Have you tried a variety of ammo in it?
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
my buddy has the version of this without the PDW stock. It's really nice, but surprisingly heavy for how small it is. We didn't spend a ton of time dicking around with it but we couldn't get my 22 conversion kit to run in it. It wouldn't fit at all.

However, when I was shooting my BCM with the NEA PDW stock, we had no trouble running as reliably as a 22 kit can run
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad about the .22 kit. My hesitation is the pdw seems to be a one trick pony gun. But then again I have 3 other SBRs.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one kind of ammo, 62g.  There is gas, but does not bother me as a righty.  My lefty friend did comment, but it is better than my MPX suppressed.  The one problem I forgot to put in my post yesterday was that the stock LOP is a little short.  However, the gun was designed to be a small concealable rifle.  Putting the can on the front significantly affects the footprint.  Again, it is a high quality piece and I am glad I got it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top