Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2016 9:38:37 PM EDT
I am looking for recommendations for a short soft case for 10.5" and/or 11.5" SBR's with and/or without 7" suppressors. Preferably something that doesn't scream Tactical Rifle!

What do you all suggest?

Thanks,

JPK
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Beat up bat bag with takedown paint roller and paint stains all dried up.
Roller head and end of extension handle sticks sticking out of bag.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Wilson Tennis Racquet bag - Just picked up 3 @Walmart on clearance, 5.00 a piece.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Outside of a tennis racket bag, the larue covert case is nice
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Padded tennis racquet bag.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sneaky Bags are nice, I have one in blue. Looks like a tennis racquet or skateboard case. Extremely well made and a little spendy but worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I bought one in the Arfcom store...?
The outside is just black. May not be a diversion but it's not an overt gun bag

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have and use the 22" and 29" for shorter weapons. Can fit 2 in each case with the included divider. Price/value ratio is great too.  Midway
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#8]
An AUG in a cheap Wilson tennis racquet bag.  Works like a charm.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Old Prince tennis bag for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd have to choose something other than a racquet bag. I haven't seen anybody actually carrying one around here (no matter the contents) in over a decade. I'd want one of those triangular shaped sling backpacks/messenger bags which look nothing like it would hold a rifle.
View Quote

It wouldn't look right unless you were in tennis attire
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I think I bought one in the Arfcom store...?

The outside is just black. May not be a diversion but it's not an overt gun bag

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/Mobile%20Uploads/image_6.jpeg
View Quote
and it's a great little case

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Got one of these blue Bulldog cases, my RFB fills it up, but it doesn't scream "gun"

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bulldog-cases-ultra-compact-in-ar-15-discreet-carry-rifle-case-29-in-navy-blue.html

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought 2 of the midway brand discrete cases. They are nice for the price.

Honestly if I saw one in another guys hand I would assume there's a rifle inside though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Folding chair/Camping chair bag.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Emdom Gym Bag is nice, but stupid expensive for what you get.  But it IS an option.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Sneaky Trick or Treat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Sneaky bags are nice here is a more expensive option but they do look nice. http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17613
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the suggestions. I kinda like the Midway option, especially for the $'s - $23-$30 on sale, but wanted something not too expensive that had a shoulder strap so went with a not so discreet option from Midway.

JPK.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#20]
The Phitz violin cases that were suggested in the AR pistol forum work great for $15. Unfortunately, all the cool colors seem to be out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Phitz violin cases that were suggested in the AR pistol forum work great for $15. Unfortunately, all the cool colors seem to be out of stock.
View Quote

$44 shipped for two

Should be okay on a CZ scorpion or M85 PAP with side folder
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Sat-Comm bag. LINKY

Pretty good bag, not in stock all that often.  Build well, the is an inner "sleeve" perfect for a 16" upper.  Some concealed outer pockets.  

I have toyed with removing the exterior Molle straps just haven't gotten around to it.  I have gloves, bandoleer with 6 mags, couple glock mags, fixed blade with plenty of room to spare.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
$44 shipped for two

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

Here's the thread in the pistol forum that discussed the violin cases. Pages 2 and 3:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/697729_Ar_15_pistol_iscreet_carry.html&page=2

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Just bought a violin case. The trumpet case may be good for a pistol and silencer attached. Can't wait to leave a review saying how it's a perfect gun case. Wonder if they care gun owners are buying their products
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

with my aimpoint h1 on my scorpion it is too tall for that bag's inside
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

Aimpoint on no mount?

This is mine

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Are you looking for a daily carry case or just a discreet bag to transport to and from home to car and such?

Tennis racquet bags - there are cheap ones and then there are nicer padded ones with multiple compartments/straps to make them a backpack/etc...

Musical instrument cases

Yoga mat bags - some are padded and have compartments inside and outside

Soft side carrying cases for various marketing displays and art supplies/easels

Soft side, padded cases for tripods and camera/studio gear

For smaller SBR's (Uzi style), there's all kinds of generic padded laptop sleeves that should work pretty nicely.  I have one that has a pouch on the outside for power supply/mouse, that works great to hold a few extra mags.

I have found a lot of the above at garage sales and such for as little as a few dollars each, most of the time in new or near new condition.

For me, I don't really care so much about the type of case from house to car, but if I need to carry something around, I have found that I need to have a reply prepared for the inevitable idiot that wants to ask about the item I am carrying and start talking about music/photography/sports/etc... which kind of blows the whole discreet thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

Thanks for that link! Might get one of those and one of these...

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The Phitz violin case is a real tight fit for my 11.5" and trek And won't fit a 16" rifle with flash hider. Comes with two pads so should be a good fit for sbrs without cans too. Good deal for $20 shipped. I got the natural color.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

Thanks, just ordered 2.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#32]

I have one for my bullpup, perfect size and discreet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks, just ordered 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$44 shipped for two

Thanks, just ordered 2.

I got a notification that they're "out for delivery" today so I'll let you know how they fit
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#34]
The trumpet case does NOT fit a M85 Pap pistol and definitely won't fit it as an SBR even with a folding stock

I suppose it would fit if you removed the muzzle device and transported it with bare threads.

It does a great job with the Scorpion Evo which wears a Holosun with no riser. I'll get pictures tomorrow as well as a better idea of how many mags fit in the exterior pocket

I'll also try with an 8.5" AR
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The trumpet case does NOT fit a M85 Pap pistol and definitely won't fit it as an SBR even with a folding stock

I suppose it would fit if you removed the muzzle device and transported it with bare threads.

It does a great job with the Scorpion Evo which wears a Holosun with no riser. I'll get pictures tomorrow as well as a better idea of how many mags fit in the exterior pocket

I'll also try with an 8.5" AR
View Quote

Sweet, I want to use it for my Scorpion Evo and AR9 build.  I wonder will it fit my ARX or Bren, they're only 21"  and 22.5" when folded.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not sure why I thought a 8.5 AR would fit, it's a few inches longer than the M85
You can put at least eight 30rnd scorpion mags in the outer pocket

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#37]

i have two of these.

great bags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top