Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 12:10:43 PM EDT

And if the answer is yes, what model for this Noveske barrel?

Will be used suppressed...
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

And if the answer is yes, what model for this Noveske barrel?

Will be used suppressed...
View Quote

I have a12.5" Noveske 6.8 that I run with an AAC SDN6 and it runs with no problems. I had some FTE problems in the beginning but was easily fixed by adding an O-ring to my bolt. I can definitely feel the gas blow back when I shoot so from my experience I would think shooting lefty would be distracting with all the gas coming out of the ejection port. I think an adjustable gas block is probably a good investment. I have an SLR on one of my 556 SBRs and it is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Slr sentry gas blocks is the answer. They are tiny, even fit under my Larue rail  (set screw version) which is very tight. If you have an Mlok or key mod rail no issues. The Larue rail is the tightest I've fit one in so I don't see you having any issues unless you have a super slim rail.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still looking at rails and leaning to Samson evolution.
I got the barrel in today and Noveske installed the gas block already, which was a surprise.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
That's one thing I didn't like about there barrels, they recommend their low profile gas block and and they drill the pin hole for the block and barrel. I would have bought a few if it wasn't for that, I went with Seekins for my 300 blk and Bison Armory for my 6.8 spc. Their switchblock adjustable gas block is huge, I'd never consider that when you can get an SLR Sentry adjustable that works better (in my opinion) and is much smaller and lighter. I'd say just run it and see how the gas is, if it's too much you could throw the SLR on there and forget about the gb pin hole since its hidden.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Went SLR set screw type (set screw gas block was what Noveske included).
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I am a lefty too I have an SLR on my 11.5" or my 16" 6.8, and a Syrac on which ever one doesn't have the SLR and both adjustable blocks work great. And yes, an adjustable block is needed when you use a suppressor.

On that note, you will find a significant difference between 6.8 factory loads. For example, the SSA 110gr Barnes ammo is mild stuff, works great on hogs, the Federal/American Eagle FMJ is midlin' and the Hornaday 120 SST is on the hotter side and also works great on hogs. I find I can set a happy medium to handle either the SSA ammo and the American Eagle or the American Eagle and the Hornaday.

JPK
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
These are the 2 greatest things for a lefty running a can

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Agreed--my lefty uppers in 556 are much more pleasant than my righty uppers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agreed--my lefty uppers in 556 are much more pleasant than my righty uppers.
View Quote

This, even with an adjustable block, if you are lefty you are still going to get a decent bit of gas by a right hand eject AR.  Plus, a properly gas regulated AR (which your adjustable gas block is for) ejects more backwards than sideways.

Go left side eject,
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#10]
As I mentioned, I'm a lefty. Other than on a non adjustable gas block 16" 5.56 I don't get gas in the face with a right handed action shooting suppressed. If I was the only one shooting my AR's I might opt for a lefty action, but my son is a righty and it just isn't an issue for me. My two 6.8's and one 10.5" 5.56 have adjustable gas blocks, only the 16" 5.56 doesn't have one, and I don't shoot it that much since getting the 10.5".

JPK

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top