Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 7:01:47 PM EDT
I am going at the start of next week to have my 2 new SBR receivers engraved by a local shop.

One of them is a Spikes lower and he said he could do the inconspicuous engraving in the trigger area as long as I remove the trigger guard first.

My other lower is a QC10 lower with the trigger guard built in. I am looking for ideas as to where to get the engraving done on that lower. Where did some of you guys place your engravings?

I also posted in the pistol caliber AR section... wasn't sure where I'd get better responses/results. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why can't he do it around the trigger guard? Local guy here does it there with a completely built lower.

You could do opposite the factory engraving over the trigger pins. Front of magwell. Side of magwell.
View Quote

Great ideas. I have no idea why he can't. I'm very unfamiliar with the process myself to even begin to come up with a reason myself. The place came highly recommended and the price seems very fair. It's my first 2 SBRs so I don't know any better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I had mine done on the bottom of the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I had both of my QC10 lowers laser engraved on the front of the magwell (below the takedown pin hoops).
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Last couple I had engraved (THSF!) I had them done on the flat of the charging handle relief, close enough to the stock that the CH doesn't hide any portion of the text.

Only works for short text, but it's very discrete and if I ever needed to, I could easily remove from the registry, mill the engraving off, and reblacken without scarring or affecting the integrity of the lower.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Opposite the factory engraving above the trigger pins. I don't know why everyone tries to hide it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Opposite the factory engraving above the trigger pins. I don't know why everyone tries to hide it.
View Quote

Not trying to hide it as much as I prefer a more clean look. If I could, I'd have a blank receiver void of any markings. Sadly, the NFA doesn't work that way. Hence one of the reasons I picked the QC10 lower... It doesn't have any stupid pictures or obscene rollmarks. Obviously, I didn't have as many choices with the Spikes lower... luckily I like the Punisher.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Make an 80%. Engrave whatever you like wherever you like as small as allowed. That's the closest thing to a totally clean NFA AR lower as you can get.

I engrave my non 80s discretely and my 80s with my own "rollmark." I'm not a fan of the completely unmarked look.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

yup. left side above trigger pins. right side has factory stuff.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I had Veritas Machining do my engraving in the magwell lip on my QC10 Colt pattern lower.  Works perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top