Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2016 6:23:20 PM EDT
My search only allows me to go back 30 days. Could anybody give me some opinion? Are their clones better than MKE or Zenith?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they are much better fit and finish. They are in the same premium category as Dakota Tactical. Can't go wrong. You just don't get some of the extra customizations as the top of the line models.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are in the same premium category as Dakota Tactical.
View Quote

I don't know if I would go that far... For $1900, I might choose them over POF/MKE/Zenith but people have been paying 2x that amount to Joe and waiting years, at one point, to have a DT gun. They might get there some day but I don't think they're there yet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't know if I would go that far... For $1900, I might choose them over POF/MKE/Zenith but people have been paying 2x that amount to Joe and waiting years, at one point, to have a DT gun. They might get there some day but I don't think they're there yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The BAP 9  is $3K+ and every bit as premium quality as Dakota. The BA9 is a more mass produced model with not as many of the high end options and finish but is still a level above MKE.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The BAP 9  is $3K+ and every bit as premium quality as Dakota. The BA9 is a more mass produced model with not as many of the high end options and finish but is still a level above MKE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh. Did not see there was a difference between $1800 BA9, and $3,000 BAP9.

After a little bit of Google-Fu, it appears Wade Bailey/Omega is doing most of the work, with parts supplied by Adam... to the effect that BA has filed lawsuit against Omega. If I were to guess, Omega and HKParts got a better order from Atlantic Firearms, and put BA on hold, to make their own "Omega barreled receivers" and other lines, that Atlantic has been selling like wild-fire lately.

The US-made clone market is a hot mess, with only a handful of builders. Even Joe of Dakota Tactical pointed out they're all using the same parts- either demilled HK kit, or US-made from the few suppliers.

Still, I will say I dont think BA is on the same "premium" level as DT. And really, Joe is the only one marketing the "premium" level of his builds. TSC, TPM, RDTS, Parabellum, BA, IGF all just build guns...

ETA: I will say this, I would rather give my money to an American company, building guns here in the US. I have never seen/held/fired a BA gun so I cant comment regarding quality. I just think they need more volume and time to establish their name with the other companies who have all been doing this longer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top