Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2016 12:56:26 AM EDT
So I'm ready to start another SBR.  Question is, do I do another AR or change it up with a Scorpion?

I've got a MK18 Mod 1/CQBRish build about done plus a 12.5 mini recce I'm working on.   Should I do the 12.5 Kino I've been wanting or a Scorpion?  

I'm leaning hard towards the Scorpion but those Kino's are so sweet.

Of course I'd love to do both and probably will eventually but have to choose for the time being.

Whatcha say?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would do the Scorpion, especially if you have a 9mm silencer. You can always just get a Kino upper when funds allow and put it on your preexisting lower. I really like my Scorpion, and I can use it at pistol caliber only ranges.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The Kino (top) is a blast to shoot and not punishing like the 300BLK (bottom) without the can.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Love my Kino. I did change it up and Form 1'd (4.5" bbl) an MPX though.. only because I wanted a PDW-type SBR.

Variety is nice

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would do the Scorpion, especially if you have a 9mm silencer. You can always just get a Kino upper when funds allow and put it on your preexisting lower. I really like my Scorpion, and I can use it at pistol caliber only ranges.
View Quote

Yup
And I'm working on a kino upper so...
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't have a 9mm suppressor yet, but plan on getting a Rugged Obsidian 45 if I go the Scorpion route.  

It makes the most sense to try something new I suppose.  A Kino won't do anything that my other 5.56 rifles can't.

Only thing turning me off of the Scorpion right now is all that hammer and bolt wear.  Other than that they seem like a good reliable fun little 9mm SBR candidate.  Price of admission isn't bad either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Well....the Kino's were out of stock and I couldn't resist the PSA 10.5 CHF upper that's been staring at me for a few days.

I'd read that they were good uppers so I fent
It should be a good start for a MK18 Mod 0 ish SBR.

Looks like the Scorpion will have to wait.  Hopefully the PSA upper doesn't disappoint, it'll be my first purchase from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top