Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 9:54:35 AM EDT
I ordered a factory KRISS Vector SBR through my FFL mid-April and they still hadn't received it, couldn't give me an ETA either. I called KRISS and they said I should follow up with my FFL. Any ideas on when my FFL should receive it or how to check status? I already paid 50% on it and the FFL is legit but I'm not getting the answer I want :/
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I talked to them about this in March and they pretty much said that they were backlogged until next year. They told me to check my distributors throughout the year as they would be busy filling orders that were already placed during and before shot show. FWIW, I have been checking distributor inventory for the past couple months and have yet to see a factory SBR. I ended up getting a SDP and just doing it on a form 1. It is quite possible that your dealer already has an order placed with Kriss already.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, thanks. I guess I should have gone the SDP then SBR'd route.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Rainier Arms as some 45 SBRs...they came in like a month or so ago:  https://www.rainierarms.com/kriss-vector-gen-ii-sbr-black-45acp
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks but I want the 9mm model.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like Buds might have some SDPs in 9mm in stock.

Budsgunshop
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't remember exactly how long it took as I started this process in 2010, but I remember it being close to a year long process. Granted, the NFA wait times were different then and paper forms were our only option.

As for the process, it makes sense that it will take forever to get done.  If you think about it, you have to wait for the KRISS to change the barrel, and then submit a form 2. Then you have to wait for an approved form 3 to transfer it to your dealer, then an approved form 4 to take possession of it.

ETA: Actually looking back at my emails with KRISS USA, it took a little over 4 months from the time I sent my rifle in to the time it was shipped back to my dealer. For me to actually take possession of the SBR it took a year and 3 months, but this was back in the day of paper forms and Major Malfunction being my dealer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Budsgunshop
View Quote

That is a great price too. Ugh, I really want a factory SBR too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budsgunshop

Yeah, but if you get the green SDP, you can trade me uppers....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Update#

I asked KRISS on their Facebook page what the turn around time is and a rep responded to me that their SBRs are in high demand and there is no ETA on my order.

Annoys me that I can find a SDP easily and not an SBR but its probably not as as easy as I think it is for SBRs to be built.

Moving forward, I'm going to cancel the SBR order and just order one through Bud's.  In the end it looks like this will be better for me as I'll be saving about $300, even after a transfer fee and buying a stock after its been SBR'd.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
New update for those interested.

I ordered the SDP through Buds last Friday and asked my FFL to cancel the SBR order. The FFL just called me to say they can actually get me the SBR through another distributor but wouldn't arrive for another two months. Plus I could be waiting over a year before I get my mitts on it while I wait on the ATF. The FFL was being very helpful but I cancelled the SBR order. With SDP I'll be able to shoot it till I can add a stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top