Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2016 5:45:48 PM EDT
I'm putting together another SBR. I'm trying to decide between the Faxon Big Gunner Mid or the Ballistic Advantage Government Carbine. Yes, whichever one I go with will be suppressed. What do you recommend and why?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered the BCM ELW(non fluted)?
Im in the same boat as you and have heard good things about this barrel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
If it were my money I would get a BCM or LMT
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy my BA 11.5. Sold my 11.5" BCM
Also have a 16" .308 and 10.5 and 12.5" 556
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a BCM, Seekins & a Noveske. I'm OK on the more expensive guns. This one will be lower budget. A forged Mega upper & lower & a Apex Gator Grip handguard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
LaRue barrels are on sale, the stealth 12" is on sale for $225.00

I picked one up for my next build.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a BCM, Seekins & a Noveske. I'm OK on the more expensive guns. This one will be lower budget. A forged Mega upper & lower & a Apex Gator Grip handguard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mega receiver /= budget FYI.
You can get BA for $125 ish delivered, Faxon for $150
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

For $225, I don't know how you can beat this.  I went this route also and haven't regretted it.  It shoots just as well as my $450 Kreiger barreled RECCE.  

It's only $100 difference between a $125 BA and a $450 LaRue, you see what I'm getting at?  
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For $225, I don't know how you can beat this.  I went this route also and haven't regretted it.  It shoots just as well as my $450 Kreiger RECCE.  

It's only $100 difference between a $125 BA and a $450 LaRue, you see what I'm getting at?  :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For $225, I don't know how you can beat this.  I went this route also and haven't regretted it.  It shoots just as well as my $450 Kreiger RECCE.  

It's only $100 difference between a $125 BA and a $450 LaRue, you see what I'm getting at?  :)

Yes, yes I do!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where can you get the BA for that price?  thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off the BA website. Free shipping on everything, and there are 10% off coupon codes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Andro Corp. check the dealer in the EE and the andro ind forum
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I checked and Andro and apparently 11.5's aren't that popular so they stopped carrying them.  I don't know why because 11.5 is awesome.  Supposedly the 10.5 outsells them "1000:1".  So looks like my best bet is the 10% off with BA
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you mind if I ask why you sold your BCM?  How did they compare as far as accuracy and quality?  I am planning an 11.5 and have been looking at both of these barrels.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an 11.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel on a build from Androcorp.  It is great.  Has an SLR rail on it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you mind if I ask why you sold your BCM?  How did they compare as far as accuracy and quality?  I am planning an 11.5 and have been looking at both of these barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No noticeable difference in accuracy but it's only ever been with a RDS.

I had the upper torn apart to install a geissele rail and someone offered me over $200 for the barrel which paid for a BA barrel and a microMOA gas block. It was a great barrel but I needed a way to control the gas since it was going to be suppressed 100% of the time (BCM gas ports are LARGE) and I was strapped after the geissele rail purchase. It was just the right deal at the right time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I had the upper torn apart to install a geissele rail and someone offered me over $200 for the barrel which paid for a BA barrel and a microMOA gas block. It was a great barrel but I needed a way to control the gas since it was going to be suppressed 100% of the time (BCM gas ports are LARGE) and I was strapped after the geissele rail purchase. It was just the right deal at the right time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the BCM 11.5" Gas port was around .076-.078". Not too bad. Considering many others like DD are much larger. I just built an upper with a Sionics 11.5" that has a 0.070" port. Nice size to run with or without a can. http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/5/61-5-chrome-lined-stripped.html
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I checked and Andro and apparently 11.5's aren't that popular so they stopped carrying them.  I don't know why because 11.5 is awesome.  Supposedly the 10.5 outsells them "1000:1".  So looks like my best bet is the 10% off with BA
View Quote

Right to Bear has them in stock, not sure how it compares to BA directly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I am considering a Wilson Combat 11.3 for my build. I really like that it is threaded for a 30cal muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am considering a Wilson Combat 11.3 for my build. I really like that it is threaded for a 30cal muzzle device.
View Quote

Curious, why?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only downside is weight
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought the BCM 11.5" Gas port was around .076-.078". Not too bad. Considering many others like DD are much larger. I just built an upper with a Sionics 11.5" that has a 0.070" port. Nice size to run with or without a can. http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/5/61-5-chrome-lined-stripped.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I was wondering about this. I'm currently waiting for my BCM 11.5" paperwork to clear the ATF. I plan on suppressing it a good amount, but not 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Curious, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious, why?

Sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:31:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a 10.5" Faxon that is pretty dam accurate. I shoot it suppressed with a 30 cal can and can ring silouette steel at 300 yards with a T-2, no magnification and Wolf gold ammo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I just built a dedicated suppressed upper using a Faxon 11.5" Big Gunner. I have it set up with an SLR adjustable gas block, LMT enhanced carrier, and H2 buffer. The SBR is a breeze to shoot and has very soft recoil for being suppressed. I wouldn't hesitate doing another build using the same barrel in the future.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Colt 11.5 HB, they're Colt unicorns so what else is there to say!  Otherwise Noveske and V7 11.5" barrels, they're one of the same except V7 is willing to flute them for you.  They're mid-weight profile vs. the colt heavy profile (.750" most the way vs. .840" for the colt HB)
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I ended up going with the BA 11.5. Since they're so affordable plus being on sale it was a no brainier for me.  I really thought about the LaRue but the weight killed it for me.  I want this upper to be relatively lightweight still.  I figure with the cost savings, if it doesn't perform I can upgrade later and I will still have a spare barrel just in case things go down the tubes in the future.  Barrel should be showing up this Friday!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top