Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 1:49:50 PM EDT
First off I will have a budget of around $2200 max if i end up going this route. What do I need to know before getting into SBRs ? I am looking at moving within the next year how does that affect SBRs ? Also what SBRs would you guys suggest ? I am looking at either 9mm or 300blackout currently leaning toward the 9mm side of things. What 9mm SBRs would you guys suggest ? I was looking at tp9's but i think they are out of my price range or maybe a mp5 clone also looking at the g17ronis?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you move after your form is approved you'd fill out a 5320.20

I build a 9mm because the ammo is cheaper and easier to find, but I do have 5.56 SBR also.

You can build one yourself, I like the Glock mag lowers from QC10 or the new ones from NFA look good too.

Before July 13, it's easy to use a trust and efile.

If you just want to buy one, the CZ Scorpion is very nice and of course the Sig MPX.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you move after your form is approved you'd fill out a 5320.20

I build a 9mm because the ammo is cheaper and easier to find, but I do have 5.56 SBR also.

You can build one yourself, I like the Glock mag lowers from QC10 or the new ones from NFA look good too.

Before July 13, it's easy to use a trust and efile.

If you just want to buy one, the CZ Scorpion is very nice and of course the Sig MPX.
View Quote

Is it worth setting up a trust even if i am the only one using it ? can you still do a form 1 on the scorpion and just attach a stock ? will the scorpion function any better than a 9mm AR ? I have never built a AR so if i build it that will be my first time lol.

EDIT: Also how do you go about getting them engraved after getting the stamp send it somewhere ? looking at form 1 and form 4 form 1 is if i change it to a sbr my self and form 4 is if i order it already as a sbr ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Most people get their stuff engraved before or during waiting for the stamp.  Form 1 is DIY, Form 4 is premade from dealer or purchase from someone else.

"Building" an AR is like legos.  Plenty of easy videos on youtube.

Some 9mm AR can be finicky about last round bolt hold open.  From what I've seen the CZ is very nice.  You won't go wrong with either option.

With the CZ you can do a Form 1 and add a stock when approved.  And shoot it in pistol til then.

Trust is easier at this moment to efile quicker, but after July 13 you may change your mind because of new regulations
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most people get their stuff engraved before or during waiting for the stamp.  Form 1 is DIY, Form 4 is premade from dealer or purchase from someone else.

"Building" an AR is like legos.  Plenty of easy videos on youtube.

Some 9mm AR can be finicky about last round bolt hold open.  From what I've seen the CZ is very nice.  You won't go wrong with either option.

With the CZ you can do a Form 1 and add a stock when approved.  And shoot it in pistol til then.

Trust is easier at this moment to efile quicker, but after July 13 you may change your mind because of new regulations
View Quote

which one is usually faster ? is it worth going through the hastle for a trust when they are about to be a lot less useful? I am also thinking of picking up a stripped lower and getting it setup for sbr after its sbred i can just buy a sbr upper no problem correct ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
1. Trust, takes five minutes.
2. Buy an MP5K if you want to shoot 9mm or build an AR-15 if you want to shoot .300BLK.
3. E-file a Form 1.

I have a Glock SBR and it's a novelty. The MP5 is light-years better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
After looking around I think I will setup a trust pick up a scorpion sbr it and sbr a stripped lower maybe even two then hopefully at least pickup a 9mm suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are going the scorpion, mp5 clone, glock, or other foreign pistol route research 922r

With that budget you could do many things

Also don't forget to budget a silencer, because once you go through the process for the SBR for either 9mm or 300blk, it won't be too long before you will be headed down that path
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
So with the form 1 the atf can request to see the firearms at any time after they have their tax stamp correct ? I also have a friend that said he can help me produce some suppressors and do a form 1 for them as well for about $280 each would it be best to go that route ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I heard you say you have a friend who can watch over your shoulder as you use $280 worth of parts that you purchased to personally manufacture a suppressor which you will file the Form 1 for so it can go on your trust.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think I heard you say you have a friend who can watch over your shoulder as you use $280 worth of parts that you purchased to personally manufacture a suppressor which you will file the Form 1 for so it can go on your trust.
View Quote

That is exactly what I meant. Or maybe il just purchase some low cost form 4 suppressors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top