Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:29:14 PM EDT
Picked one up. Quiet as hell with an SDN6. Has anyone SBR'd there's?

Thinking about cutting the barrel back to the stock, so about 10 inches total bbl length.

Anyone done this? Doing this? Thoughts on if it will effect accuracy?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I own an American 300 Ranch but have not SBR'd it. It is a great gun and super quiet with subs. It would be awesome as an SBR. Anyone out there care to photoshop it with the can close to the end of the stock?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own an American 300 Ranch but have not SBR'd it. It is a great gun and super quiet with subs. It would be awesome as an SBR. Anyone out there care to photoshop it with the can close to the end of the stock?
View Quote

I'm thinking about doing it for a last eform before 41f. There's really no reason to do this other than for fun, but I think it would make this gun 10x funner. Already stoked to go pig hunting.

Just holding the can up next to it, it'd be about 15-16 inches with 51t can, total.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
With the barrel taper is there enough meat left to chop and thread? How much length will be reduced going essentially flush the forearm?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Picked one up. Quiet as hell with an SDN6. Has anyone SBR'd there's?

Thinking about cutting the barrel back to the stock, so about 10 inches total bbl length.

Anyone done this? Doing this? Thoughts on if it will effect accuracy?
View Quote

I'm waiting on a stamp for 556 ruger American.
Cutting it to 11ish inches, so the can will be flush to the stock.
Should make for a short, fun rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top