Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 1:02:21 AM EDT
So I've got the hots for a VZ-61 SBR. Not too hot on a .32ACP but the 9mm mak variation seems like a winner. Personally though, I'm not too hot on the wire overfolder and kinda like this (I'm assuming that is a VZ-58 stock that's been modded):

Minus the VFG/light and wonky ass optic mount (unless that mount works).

Anyhow, I do want a way to mount a small micro dot to it. Theoretically, could I use an 'L' shaped bracket mounted on the rear of the receiver between it and the stock? Or would mounting to the receiver not hold zero? It'd only be long enough to mount the dot so it shouldn't interfere with ejection

Anyhow, thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That thing is cool but still kinda fugly. I can't stop staring at it though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
What the fuck happened to that thing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stuff and things

Quoted:
That thing is cool but still kinda fugly. I can't stop staring at it though.

Same way here but I think it'd really clean up to be something slick with the lack of that VFG/light combo, a smaller can, and the optic mount I described.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a book on the vz. 61 Skorpions and variants that might have some photos of other optics mounting options. I'll have to take a look when I get back home tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the only ways it shows are similar to the photos you posted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a book on the vz. 61 Skorpions and variants that might have some photos of other optics mounting options. I'll have to take a look when I get back home tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the only ways it shows are similar to the photos you posted.
View Quote

I'd really appreciate it, thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Bumptastic bump. But anyhow, stumbled across this earlier. It may be airsoft but hot damn

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry it took me a while to get back to it, but here are the photos of the red dot on the vz. 61.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The original Skorpion was chambered in .32 Auto, which made it a very controllable machine pistol.  9mm Mak is "harsh" compared to either .380 or even 9mm, so I believe the Skorpion will be less "smooth" to shoot in Makarov.  On the other hand, you're talking about an SBR instead of a machine pistol, so that changes things.  Compared to a Makarov pistol, anything with any type of stock should be pretty neat in Makarov.

The gun's upper is sheet metal, so mounting any sight on that won't be so good, unless you could attach it to the front sight itself - the front and rear sights are on reinforced parts of the upper receiver, so they're fairly solid, but they're not exactly removable either.

If I were to find an original-design Skorpion (either in .32 or 9mm Mak), I'd personally want it as close to "stock" as possible, since I think the design is really cool, but that's just me.

Added:
Here's some good stuff on the gun itself from Steves Pages.  If you can find the VZ-61 in .380 instead of Mak, I'd go that way, unless you have access to all the Commie stuff you want.  Makarov ammo hasn't been terribly consistent from one manufacturer to another, at least in my experience.  Going with S&B, GECO, or PPU has been fair, but the other brands have been iffy...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Where can you find one and mags in 9mm mak?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where can you find one and mags in 9mm mak?
View Quote

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/sa-vz61-pistols
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top