Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 3:27:28 PM EDT
Who else other than K-var makes a quality 7.62x39 Krink type AK SBR?  Any to avoid?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Century was showing off 1 milled and 1 stamped factory sbr at Shot Show. Will be interested in the reviews.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
5 times bitten 5 times shy on Century....
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure Arsenal does some
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure Arsenal does some
View Quote

Roger that, Arsenal/K-var.

Would love to find a 762x39  Arsenal SBR but they are out of them at K-var right now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Rifle dynamics has the 710 sbr and the m92 in 762x39
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who else other than K-var makes a quality 7.62x39 Krink type AK SBR?  Any to avoid?
View Quote

Krebs Custom does.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#7]
What about getting a model like this one-

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SLR107-51.html

and having a gunsmith shorten the barrel and thread it?

Would that be a PITA? Good class II smith? What form would have to be done? Any difference in wait times?  New to this so sorry for all the questions and thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Any competent Smith should be able to do it. You'd need to submit your form 1 and check for a tax stamp to the ATF and then once approved just have the Smith cut the barrel down. I would be sure he is familiar with working on AKs first
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any competent Smith should be able to do it. You'd need to submit your form 1 and check for a tax stamp to the ATF and then once approved just have the Smith cut the barrel down. I would be sure he is familiar with working on AKs first
View Quote

Roger that, thanks! Would he have to be a certain type of gunsmith, I.e, class II or what not? Any special licensing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]
In the same token-

What about taking something like this-

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7K.html

And having it modified to take a stock?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In the same token-

What about taking something like this-

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7K.html

And having it modified to take a stock?
View Quote

That would work too, although it would likely cost more than having the barrel cut down.

Been a while since I've been on the AK, but to change a pistol to an SBR via adding a stock, a Smith or yourself would have to drill out the rivets for the rear trunnion, replace the old pistol rear trunnion with a new one that can accept a stock, then redrill the receiver for the new trunnion and fill the holes in it left from removing the old one. Paperwork to the ATF would still be the same.

As for the Smith, any Type 1 ffl holder should be able to work on a title 2 firearm as far as I'm aware.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy a Draco.

Tap trunion for a folder or have it replaced for fixed stocked sex.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Buy a Draco.

http://i.imgur.com/uVEBrcD.png
View Quote
What is the muzzle device you have?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Buy a Draco.

View Quote

Damnit Fin, quit tempting me to spend money by flaunting that thing around here!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the Draco made by Century?  Any long term or more than a couple thousand rounds through it experience?

Damn near nothing I've bought that said "Century" on the side has been worth two craps.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy a Draco.

Damage Industries 2 port brake

Quoted:
Is the Draco made by Century?  Any long term or more than a couple thousand rounds through it experience?

Damn near nothing I've bought that said "Century" on the side has been worth two craps.

No, its just imported by them.

100% Cugir from Romania
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Awesome, thank you!

Now I need to find a Class II gunsmith in GA  or whoever is supposed to do the work converting a pistol to an SBR and can walk me through the forms.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]
there are only two types of AK SBRs you should consider.

Something historically accurate, authentic and well built.  An Arsenal gun.

A solid blaster.  Draco or Yugo pistol.  BTW, these are about as close to a true factory gun you can buy regarding the receiver.  Rifles need to have their magwells cut once they are state side to accept true AK patter double stack mags.   Pistols avoid as the law doesnt apply to them so they are born ready to take a double stack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top