Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2016 12:29:27 AM EDT
Has anyone built an sbr on a home built receiver?

I'm thinking about doing an amd65 the way it's supposed to be (12.5" barrel), and was curious about doing a form 1 on a receiver that I made.

Has anyone done this? Any special steps I need to take (I've done a form 1 silencer, seems like it should be the same)?

Thanks for any belp
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Just my two cents. Unless you've had good success with 80% lowers I wouldn't. At the least, just build from 80% to a pistol and run a 1000 rounds through it to establish reliability before you go to the trouble and expense to sbr it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Only downside I see is you'll have to assign it a serial # and register it. As long as you finished it correctly and can live with registering it, I don't really foresee any reason not to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just my two cents. Unless you've had good success with 80% lowers I wouldn't. At the least, just build from 80% to a pistol and run a 1000 rounds through it to establish reliability before you go to the trouble and expense to sbr it.
View Quote

It's less than 80%  it was sheet metal. Lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wow, I think I was under the same assumption as Grim that it was a billet receiver. I think you'll be OK. Did you use the correct metal and properly heat treat it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not concerned about the durability of the receiver, I was more curious about registering a rifle that wasn't built on a 100% receiver, and if there was anything special that I needed to do.

Ak-builder flats have been good to me since wolf 7.62 was $79 a case. Lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing special, you'll just have to engrave more info and list form 1 build from non-firearm as the manufacturer on the form 1
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Same process as your form1 suppressor. There will obviously be info for OAL and barrel length, and SBR instead of silencer. The rest is the same, even the engraving requirements
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless HB2481 passes this session, your going to be SOL on doing a Form 1 here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top