Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2016 9:15:06 PM EDT
Like the title says........I want something smaller.   Any pics tips or suggestions for ideas.  
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
" />

This is my 7" PSA SBR build with LWRC ultra compact stock kit.  Overall collasped length was 22" but is now 22.5" collasped and that is with the Specwar mount not in the picture.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy PDW stock, Troy folding BUIS, Geiselle SSA-E trigger, Smith Vortex flash hider PSA lower, and PSA 7"upper.
http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/154incher/media/WIN_20160124_103609_zpsyjj5sbaj.jpg.html?o=0
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If this guy hadn't tried to become the primary importer of the german smart guns I would have bought one of these by now.

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]

What is your overall length when collasped.  I looked at the Troy PDW but the cost vs the LWRC was the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
My work in progress.  Mocked it all up the other day.  Well, laid it out anyways.  Sort it's not a "complete" SBR but you get the idea of how it will look.

Still missing barrel, upper/lower parts kit, and some other odds and ends.

Parts list as of now:

Stripped Aero Upper/Lower
Troy PDW Stock Kit
Troy 5.56 Claymore Muzzle Brake (linear comp)
SLR Ion 8" Lite MLOK Rail
Colt charging handle (6920 takeoff)
Magpul MOE K2 Grip
Magpul MLOK MVG
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Aluminum)

Still need:

Aero Precision/Ballistic Advantage 7.5 barrel
SLR Sentry adjustable gas block
White Oak Armament lower parts kit with ALG QMS or Combat trigger
BCM Gunfighter charging handle - small latch probably
Dust cover and forward assist
IWC MLOK Handstop
Front/Rear BUIS - Will probably go with a set of MBUS Pro's
Aimpoint T1/mount (come on Eotech refund!)
Surefire M300 Mini Scout w/ low pro 45 degree offset mount

I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff and parts are subject to change but it should be a cool little blaster when it's all said and done.

Edit: Oops, just realized OP was looking for SBRs under 7.5 inches.  My bad.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an AR with a 4.5 inch 9mm barrel and another with a 4.5 inch 22LR barrel. But the 22lr runs a 7 inch rail, and the 9mm runs a 10 inch rail. Both leave the suppressor sticking out about 1-2 inches.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
my oal collapsed is 20.5 inches. Extended leaves me at 25.25 inches. I also balked at the high price tag on the troy but after taking into consideration that the troy comes with its own BCG and what I would have paid for a quality BCG, it didn't sting so bad. You will also do well to wait for holiday specials at primary arms.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty cool. Sorry I don't have anything to show but I'm planning on building a tiny little 9mm with around a 5" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's an early iteration of my 4.5" 9mm SBR ( it has DD buis, PRO optics, UBR stock, and S3G trigger now) can is a Liberty Suppressors Fat Cat UZI can

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my oal collapsed is 20.5 inches. Extended leaves me at 25.25 inches. I also balked at the high price tag on the troy but after taking into consideration that the troy comes with its own BCG and what I would have paid for a quality BCG, it didn't sting so bad. You will also do well to wait for holiday specials at primary arms.
View Quote

That is very true.  To me it makes the most sense to grab the Troy stock kit for a ground up build instead of adding it to a preexisting rifle.  That way you aren't replacing a stock, receiver extension, end plate, castle nut, buffer, spring, and BCG that you've already paid for.

I got my Troy kit for $390 shipped from Primary Arms awhile back.  Still more expensive than a quality carbine stock and BCG setup but only by about $100 if I recall.  Way better than $400 for "just a stock" if you break it down.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is very true.  To me it makes the most sense to grab the Troy stock kit for a ground up build instead of adding it to a preexisting rifle.  That way you aren't replacing a stock, receiver extension, end plate, castle nut, buffer, spring, and BCG that you've already paid for.

I got my Troy kit for $390 shipped from Primary Arms awhile back.  Still more expensive than a quality carbine stock and BCG setup but only by about $100 if I recall.  Way better than $400 for "just a stock" if you break it down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's 2 companies coming out with PDW stocks that don't require special BCG. I think its Battle Arms and Strike Industries. Check them out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I form 1' ed two separate lowers. One in 9mm with an MVB stock the other in 5.56 with an NEA stock. They are going to be switch uppers

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Not to thread jack but for those running very short barrels (less than 7.5")
Are you guys going 5.56 or 9mm?
Like I said I'm thinking about building one, I'm leaning towards 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm running 5" and 9" 9mm, 7.5" 5.56, and 4.5" .22lr
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's 2 companies coming out with PDW stocks that don't require special BCG. I think its Battle Arms and Strike Industries. Check them out.
View Quote

Problem with a lot of those that use standard BCG's is that they are still $300-400 plus you supply your own BCG.  So, $300-400 plus price of a good BCG.

Pay $400 for a Troy kit that includes a proprietary BCG and you can use your now spare standard BCG for another build.

That being said...if for whatever reason you go 9mm, MVB has PDW stocks set up for that caliber.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Problem with a lot of those that use standard BCG's is that they are still $300-400 plus you supply your own BCG.  So, $300-400 plus price of a good BCG.

Pay $400 for a Troy kit that includes a proprietary BCG and you can use your now spare standard BCG for another build.

That being said...if for whatever reason you go 9mm, MVB has PDW stocks set up for that caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points.
I think the strike industries is rumored to be around $200 though.
You do bring up some valid points though
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Taccom 4" Ultralight Upper on my Colt 6933 lower. Magpul BUS, RRA Entry Buttstock & A1 pistol grip.

With Gemtech Outback IID. I want to get a longer rail, so that the can barely shows.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got my stamp back for my DDLES 5" 9mm AR /Glock. Waiting for my thread protector to come in. Love it.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Update with 7.62 Specwar.

" />
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/knoxp11/Mobile%20Uploads/image_28.jpeg</a>" />

This is my 7" PSA SBR build with LWRC ultra compact stock kit.  Overall collasped length was 22" but is now 22.5" collasped and that is with the Specwar mount not in the picture.
View Quote

What handguard is that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What handguard is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/knoxp11/Mobile%20Uploads/image_28.jpeg</a>" />

What handguard is that?

Looks like an SLR Ion Keymod
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What handguard is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What handguard is that?

Not sure as it comes on PSA's new uppers.  They have them on several different configuration.   I will say it is extremely nice.  Great finish, super fit, QDs are great.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not sure as it comes on PSA's new uppers.  They have them on several different configuration.   I will say it is extremely nice.  Great finish, super fit, QDs are great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What handguard is that?

What length is it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#24]

4.5 inch 22LR upper with 7 inch rail and silencerco sparrow

4.5 inch Tros 9mm barrel, with Tros 3 lug adaptor, AAC Evo9mm with Triad adaptor, running a 10 inch seekins MCSR rail.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#25]
7.5" 5.56 AR Pistol

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#26]
7.75":

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What length is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What handguard is that?

What length is it?

6" handguard with 7" barrel
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#28]
My 7" 7.62x25 Tokarev SBR:

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#29]
7" PWS Diablo

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top