Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 11:59:55 PM EDT
I want to build a sbr but no clue where to start. Should I order my lower first and then the upper when approved?or what order should I do things in. Also does it matter what mind of lower I use?

*also trying to keep cheap. So pointers to cheap uppers would be great. Or advice on who not to buy shit from would be good too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Build the gun as a pistol first so you can shoot it before you get your stamp
Try Primary Arms or Palmetto State Armory for everything that you want/need
let me know now it goes
Black Friday deals should be going on now so you are starting at a good time
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I always try to watch the PSA sales but they are always out of stock of the stuff I want.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
definitely build as a pistol first.  If you are anything like me, you will change your build multiple times before finding what you like, so don't beat yourself up over how you want to build it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I know for sure I wanna put a can on it eventually so I think a 10.5 barrel would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If you care about roll marks get the lower you want, I look at it as a purchase for life. Some other people don't care, a lower is a lower.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Roll marks?

Also found this upper this morning.
http://www.surplusammo.com/saa-5-56-10-5-bhw-hbar-1-8-ss-specter-length-diamond-quad-dragons-head-complete-pistol-upper-receiver-blackhole-ss-barrel-nickel-boron-carrier/
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Ahhh, I see. There was a lower psa had I really wanted but the atf made them stop making it. It was the "nobama" lower. I'll find one just as cool.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I know for sure I wanna put a can on it eventually so I think a 10.5 barrel would be appropriate.
View Quote

Check the warrantee for any suppressor you may be thinking of using. Many will not warrant for use on shorter than 11.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Check the warrantee for any suppressor you may be thinking of using. Many will not warrant for use on shorter than 11.5" barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, maybe instead of buying an upper I should custom build one. Due to the fact there aren't too many pistol uppers for sale that are bigger than 10.5 that I can find and the ones I did find that were around 12 and way more money than I wanted to spend.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Also do you guys know if anyone makes a cheaper pdw stock than troy or northeastern arms group.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#12]
What caliber are you looking at?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What caliber are you looking at?
View Quote

I wanna stick with 5.56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top