Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:35:35 AM EDT
Any issues engraving a magnesium lower?
Also, it's factory cerakoted FDE. What's an easy color fill?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Have 2 FDE...very light....nailpolish works for lettering.  Only issue is slightly longer channels for trigger pins.  The last one included two pins....stock ones seem kinda short?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have 2 FDE...very light....nailpolish works for lettering.  Only issue is slightly longer channels for trigger pins.  The last one included two pins....stock ones seem kinda short?
View Quote

Ya, I have one fully built as a pistol now but after having stamped lowers, pistols are so gay. I had heard some chatter about the inability to engrave a magnesium lower...

I too am using the supplied oversized hammer pins with a mil-spec trigger
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Nobody else thinks it's a bad idea to engrave?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want it, do it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
My brother in law had his engraved and was not very happy with the results. Not sure if it was the lower or the engraver.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Any other opinions before I take the plunge?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one built into a pistol with a 10.5" barrel. Build went smoothly and you can definitely feel that it's a little lighter.  The front lugs have scratched, but I'm not sure if that's the lower's fault or the fact that I have it mated to an upper with a Seekins MCSR rail, which has an edge to it.  Overall, I like the lower and wish I could pick up their previously produced upper, but it seems to be MIA. I also have an unbuilt FDE lower I've been thinking about building into a dedicated .22.  I would say go for it if you like the design and weight, but don't pay more than $50 for it - that's what I paid and they occasionally drop that low.  If I were going to SBR, I'd get a plain-Jane forged lower, preferably something with no goofy roll marks. Occasionally, Spikes does a run of no-logo lowers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one built into a pistol with a 10.5" barrel. Build went smoothly and you can definitely feel that it's a little lighter.  The front lugs have scratched, but I'm not sure if that's the lower's fault or the fact that I have it mated to an upper with a Seekins MCSR rail, which has an edge to it.  Overall, I like the lower and wish I could pick up their previously produced upper, but it seems to be MIA. I also have an unbuilt FDE lower I've been thinking about building into a dedicated .22.  I would say go for it if you like the design and weight, but don't pay more than $50 for it - that's what I paid and they occasionally drop that low.  If I were going to SBR, I'd get a plain-Jane forged lower, preferably something with no goofy roll marks. Occasionally, Spikes does a run of no-logo lowers.
View Quote

This is mine. I think it was $65-70 last year or so.
It's a lightweight 762x39, 12.5"

I've got other SBR'd lowers but was curious if this would work too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top