Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:18:03 PM EDT
I recently had my Form 1 denied because I put "Multi" next to PSA-15 for the model number. I've already gotten my refund (very quickly!) and am filling out the new form now. I emailed the ATF about how I should fix that mistake on my trust too and didn't get an answer. I assumed they would want the model number on the trust to match the one on the form 1. Do I need to just write the correct model number under the wrong one on the Schedule A? Do I need to draw a line through the wrong one and initial it (standard correction for a government form)? I'm a little worried about the trust because I don't want another rejection. My trust is the kind with the Schedule A that has part of the actual trust printed on the top of it and includes a notary stamp and also below it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the mistake in the trust itself? Talk to a lawyer in TN, trusts differ from state to state
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was the mistake in the trust itself? Talk to a lawyer in TN.
In GA, you can just fix the correction in the schedule and you're g2g
View Quote

The same mistake as the Form 1. My trust has six fields for "Make, Model, Serial Number". I'm wondering if I can just enter the correct model # in field 2 and go with that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You should have been able to correct it and send it right back in. The correct model is PA-15 and you must list the caliber it will be built in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You should have been able to correct it and send it right back in. The correct model is PA-15 and you must list the caliber it will be built in.
View Quote

Correcting the Form 1 was easy. I'm trying to figure out how to correct it on the trust. It may be as simple as writing the correct model number in the next field under the wrong one. But I want to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you just take out your schedule A altogether.  There is really no need for you to add every item to it.  And by take it out i mean remove everything and then add $10.  My trust holds 10 bucks in schedule A.  I update my actual trust everytime i get a stamp but i only submit the scanned version that shows $10
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
With my trust, I just list manufacturer, what it is, and serial #.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you just take out your schedule A altogether.  There is really no need for you to add every item to it.  And by take it out i mean remove everything and then add $10.  My trust holds 10 bucks in schedule A.  I update my actual trust everytime i get a stamp but i only submit the scanned version that shows $10
View Quote

+1. I wouldn't have put the firearm in the trust until the form was approved. My assignment to trust page shows $1 US CURRENCY with the serial number beside it. That's what they see with every submission.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I don't add anything to Sched A until I get my approved form back. My schedule A only has NFA items, and ATF knows what I have, so whatever... Easier to print off the single file of scanned trust than to pick through a certain range of pages.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1. I wouldn't have put the firearm in the trust until the form was approved. My assignment to trust page shows $1 US CURRENCY with the serial number beside it. That's what they see with every submission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are correct no need to add the gun you are currently trying to add. Mine just list one of my non NFA guns in the schedule A until it gets approved then I add the SBR or suppressor. I don't think that would get you denied even if you had it listed incorrectly on your trust.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#10]
The ATF doesn't care even if you have the gun on the schedule incorrectly, because as others have said, they don't care if the firearm is on the schedule at all, only that the trust is valid. I have actually sent the same original schedule A that contains one dollar for all of my Forms, even after several other approvals on that trust. They really don't care what's on the schedules or even if they are receiving the current schedule because I've updated the schedule since building some things and I still send them the old one because it's already in the PDF file.

Correctness on the forms and a legal trust are all they want.

BUT... to answer your question about how to correct it... You simply need to edit the Schedule A and print a new one out, and sign it and date it. No need for the notary (at least, not here in PA, other places might vary but I have never heard of needing to have the Schedules notarized after a change). The most current version of the Schedule A supersedes the older ones. You can keep or discard the older versions, I keep them for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I contacted Mr Clutter and he more or less said that the trust wouldn't be an issue. I guess that confirms what some have said so far. I've also emailed him again with my old control number and new as instructed by some on this board and now am back to the waiting game. Maybe he'll give me that expedited approval.  :)
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I contacted Mr Clutter and he more or less said that the trust wouldn't be an issue. I guess that confirms what some have said so far. I've also emailed him again with my old control number and new as instructed by some on this board and now am back to the waiting game. Maybe he'll give me that expedited approval.  :)
View Quote

I've always heard that when the correct information is received, they just pick up the process from where they left off and do not require one to "start over"..

good luck with it..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top