BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think you made a bad choice. I just think you might want to reconsider your gas block options.

DD barrels are great, except for the gas port size.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't think you made a bad choice. I just think you might want to reconsider your gas block options.

DD barrels are great, except for the gas port size.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember your thread about barrels with multiple hijacks where several suggested an adjustable gas block...

Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/wn76U3" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/419/19929539966_4416abdebe_b.jpg</a>DD with 2A. by Two Sierra, on Flickr

12.5" DD barrel with the 12" 2A BL M-Lok rail. Ends right at the shoulder of a 12.5" barrel.

Did you find that your DD barrel was over-gassed?  I got a 12.5" barrel of theirs and even using moderate handloads with my suppressor it seemed way over-gassed.  I finally put in an LMT Enhanced carrier and that seems to have corrected things for the most part.

My 11.5" BCM upper has been perfect from day one even suppressed.

Had I researched more I would have just bought a BCM upper and been done with it.  The MicroMOA barrels look good but I will just live with the DD for now.  Normally I research too much but I failed this time figuring I couldn't go wrong with DD :-(

I just shot a couple hundred rounds suppressed through my dd 10.3 with factory pinned gas block yesterday. ran flawlessly with the H3 buffer and extremely accurate

I regret nothing about that barrel
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

With my SOCOM can it isn't overgassed at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/wn76U3" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/419/19929539966_4416abdebe_b.jpg</a>DD with 2A. by Two Sierra, on Flickr

12.5" DD barrel with the 12" 2A BL M-Lok rail. Ends right at the shoulder of a 12.5" barrel.

Did you find that your DD barrel was over-gassed?  I got a 12.5" barrel of theirs and even using moderate handloads with my suppressor it seemed way over-gassed.  I finally put in an LMT Enhanced carrier and that seems to have corrected things for the most part.

All the commercial DD barrels are.

It still doesn't change the fact that all DD commercial barrels are over gassed.
They open the port up heavily to allow cycling and bolt lock with shitty ammo.

Their contract barrels are not opened up like that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It still doesn't change the fact that all DD commercial barrels are over gassed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the commercial DD barrels are.

Sorry that I answered his question.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
11.5. I have one on a pistol with an 11" rail and the hider ports just clear the end.   11.5 give you about a 100yrd frag distance with m193.

I am building an SBR around a 12" Larue because the thread shoulder just clears the end of the rail.  Need that extra bit for the suppressor to mount.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
i went with the BCM 12.5 keymod upper due to their reputation, i have been impressed so far
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#7]
12.5" because its closer to 20 inches.  Seriously, if its 5.56 we're shooting all day, the extra inch will benefit from that round and still short enough to be compact.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
12.5" because its closer to 20 inches.  Seriously, if its 5.56 we're shooting all day, the extra inch will benefit from that round and still short enough to be compact.
View Quote

The gain going from 11.5 to 12.5 isn't nearly as much as the benefit you get going from 10.5-11.5.  Both are great lengths but 11.5 is my go to length.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Just submitted a form for one of these last week.  Eventually it'll get a Specwar 556K, too.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top