Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:06:24 PM EDT
Form 1 is approved. Now my question is this. I don't have a trust set up so when I go to engrave the lower, would it be my name that I would use. And would it have to be the full name or what.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever you put on the Form 1 in the additional markings box.
Mine has my full name, city and state.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever you put on the Form 1 in the additional markings box. Mine has my full name, city and state.
View Quote

You engrave the FULL NAME, CITY, and STATE (2 letters) listed in BLOCK 3B of the form 1.

Block 4H should remain blank on 99% of form 1s. It has no legal bearing whatsoever and does not determine the makers marking requirement.

ETA: Trust names cannot be abbreviated per the ATF, I believe individuals can still do their initials and last name.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah i was told to leave the additional markings section blank
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I took my lower and had it engraved while I waited for my stamp; it reads as follows...

XXXXXX TRUST
MY TOWN, AZ**

** Replace with your name and city, state

I placed it on the magwell, which is the most common place to put it on; some people put it in the inner lip of the magwell, the front of the magwell area or the inside of the trigger guard area.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
name is first initial, full last name
location is city, two letter state code (same as used for the post office)

also caliber, serial #, and model # (if designated) if not also present
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You engrave the FULL NAME, CITY, and STATE (2 letters) listed in BLOCK 3B of the form 1.

Block 4H should remain blank on 99% of form 1s. It has no legal bearing whatsoever and does not determine the makers marking requirement.

ETA: Trust names cannot be abbreviated per the ATF, I believe individuals can still do their initials and last name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever you put on the Form 1 in the additional markings box. Mine has my full name, city and state.

Learn something new every day and I was definitely told wrong.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top