Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 4:03:24 PM EDT
I have a Glock 19 SBR's and in a KPOS chassis with a Aimpoint H-1 mounted on an ADI mount. Suppressor is a Gemtec Trinity 9mm.

I have always had trouble getting this set up to shoot accurately.

Here is what happened today, I put the Aimpoint on the chassis and started to sight it in. At the end of the day I got it "close" but here is the problem. I adjusted the elevation on the Aimpoint from extreme high to extreme down and the point of impact never changed at 10 yards. and my group sucked.

The lower circled group is the glock shot through the chassis, the top group was fired freehand outside (or removed) from the chassis, both with the suppressor on

This group was fired with the can off at 7 yards.

So what do you think is going on?

The biggest WTF is the lack of elevation change from the extremes of the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ware you sure the aimpoint is good?? My brother and I spent two range sessions chasing the zero around on one of his guns, until we finally realized the Aimpoint is the culprit. It was a T1 FYI.

Maybe try with a known good optic. Also from the looks of the groups, your suppressor may be the issue for the groups opening up so much. Try different ammo?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Try to loosen the windage and the adjust the elevation.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Swap the optic with something else. Quickest change to rule out a bad optic

Is it nib or did you take it off another gun?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Swap the optic with something else. Quickest change to rule out a bad optic

Is it nib or did you take it off another gun?
View Quote

It has been on a few different guns but nothing larger than 5.56
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If that bottom pic is with the aimpoint and without the can.......... It looks like the can is causing it to me why i couldnt tell you.

If the above is the case and you dont get an answer soon id certainly ask in the suppressor forum.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Does your can allow indexing (can rotates on piston)? It's where you pull it out and rotate while threaded on the barrel. If so, try changing the indexing to see if POI changes.
I don't know if you can has a piston that supports index changing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top