Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 8:42:58 PM EDT
So I have a 10.5" noveske barrel palmetto state armory pistol build now that runs great and I plan on getting my tax stamp back for it soon. I will be suppressing it in about another 2 months and I figure I'll either need to put a heaver buffer in it or an adjustable gas block... but I'm leaning towards the gas block and the RTV sealent method of doing this.

Anyhow, can anybody recommend a gas block and maybe a buffer tube / stock combo that will still keep this thing really short?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Some dude was on here yesterday talking about the gas block that his company makes and how it still stands strong even when the gas port gets flame eroded wider. Guy seemed to understand and stand behind his product...

Wheres that product???
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
MicroMOA Govnah is the block you are thinking of.

As for shorter stock setups the LWRC UCIW is an affordable way to knock 2" off of the rifles OAL.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As for shorter stock setups the LWRC UCIW is an affordable way to knock 2" off of the rifles OAL.
View Quote

That thing looks real interesting but is it going to lock the bolt on an empty mag with the suppressor ON/OFF?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That thing looks real interesting but is it going to lock the bolt on an empty mag with the suppressor ON/OFF?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He likely knows, or can figure out your gas port size and make a custom plate for your build. I've not nothing but good things to say about Micromoa.

Head over to his industry page and ask away.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
SLR sentry = best
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I disagree. I think govnah is best.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
What about THIS:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_493/258846_A_few_images_of_one_of_TWO_lightweight_carriers_coming_out_soon_.html

Should be available very soon..... lightweight and adjustable gas all in one!

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Look at Odinworks.com
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#11]

NO..

HELL NO

Any gas block with the adjuster there is just plain nope! You want to be able to access it, and that right there is a spot which makes it a PITA. Side or front of the block.

SLR rifleworks has a good one.
SYRAC Ordinance has another good one.
MicroMoA has another good one.

And hold on...doesn't Noveske have one? For the Noveske barrel you already have?
http://www.shopnoveske.com/products/switchblock-clamp-on-5-56mm
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

[snip]

Now, if your goal is for bolt lock back w/ the suppressor ON or OFF without adjusting anything then don't do get an adjustable gas block and remain severely overgassed when suppressed. Or I'd recommend going with our 'baby Govnah' to bring the port size down some. As pictured below it is countersunk and pre-drilled to .043". You can drill it out to whatever port size you want or we can do it for you.

That size will depend on how you plan on feeding it and your buffer/spring configuration.

However, there is NO FREE LUNCH. It will still be way over-gassed when adding a suppressor.

View Quote

I don't mean to hijack the thread but my question is kind of related.

If that were my ultimate goal (suppressed/unsuppressed function without adjustment), and I have a DD 10.3" barrel with a .082 gas port, what diameter would you recommend drilling my Baby Govnah out to? It will be fed primarily milspec ammo with a heavybuffers XH and a Wolff extra power spring.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

NO..

HELL NO

Any gas block with the adjuster there is just plain nope! You want to be able to access it, and that right there is a spot which makes it a PITA. Side or front of the block.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

NO..

HELL NO

That is the front of the block.  Look at where the hole for the roll pin is.  The gas tube hole is just drilled all the way through.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I spent a day with amphibian and learned all about his Govnah block.  It is a fantastic piece of equipment, well-made and designed.  He knows what he's talking about.

I really need to get around to getting that block on my gun one of these days.  I highly recommend it, based on what I've seen so far.  

And for the record, I have experience with the Noveske Switchblock and Syrac adjustable block.  The Noveske upper I had with the switchblock on it failed over and over again, despite attempts to get it fixed.  And while the Syrac is a great block, it's more of a "set it and forget it" block.  You adjust it to your load, then leave it...it doesn't really have multiple pre-sets for adding your suppressor, taking it off, etc.  And that part about it sucks.

The Govnah block is fantastic, it really is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
^ exactly.

Again, highly recommended OP
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a PRI and it works well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:06:34 AM EDT
[#19]

My little brain cant unnerstand how this thing will work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top