Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2015 11:03:15 PM EDT
My Daniel Defense MK 18 is "estimated" to be delivered in about 2 weeks to my local gun shop and then i have to wait for my Form 4 to come back but I wanted to know what yall think of my SHTF gun? Also any form of opinion or suggestion or modification is greatly appreciated and wanted!

So here we go:

Rifle

-Daniel Defense MK 18
-Daniel Defense Buffer Tube, Spring, H Buffer, Lower, Upper, Bolt, Barrel, Gas system, Butt stock, Grip, and Rail

Lower Modifications

-Geissele SSA or SSA-E trigger (Not sure yet which one)
-KNS gen 2 mod 2 non-rotating trigger pin
-Phase 5 Tactical EBRv2 Battery Assist (one piece)
-BAD-ASS or Troy ambidextrous safety selector (Not sure which one)
-ODIN works extended magazine release
-BCM VLTOR or AXTS Raptor ambidextrous charging handle (Not sure which one)

Upper Modifications

-Magpul XTM Hand Stop Kit
-Tactical Link QD Picatinny Rail Sling Mount, Gen 2
-Tactical Link Convertible Bungie Sling for AR15
-Daniel Defense flashlight offset mount
-Surefire SR remote dual switch for flashlight
-Surefire m300 or m600 Scout Light (Not sure which one)

Optics

-Larue Tactical QD Aimpoint Micro Mount
-Aimpoint Micro H1
-Daniel Defense fixed front and rear sights (1/3 co witness when used with the aimpoint mount)

Suppressor

-5.56 Socom muzzle brake or flash hider (Not sure which one)
-Socom556-RC Suppressor

Thank you for reading this lengthy list and again comments, concerns, opinions and all else are appreciated and wanted!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it will be a very nice rifle. I have a DD MK18 upper and own both the SSA and SSA-E.

Tried both triggers in it and ended up going with the SSA. Also, I could be wrong, but I believe Geissele recommends against using the KNS pins with their triggers (or any other pins that don't come with the trigger).

Good luck. The wait is the hardest part.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]
yea i know the wait is the hardest part but it will be worth it! I mean im only 20 so I have plenty of time to wait! and Yes you are right about the KNS pins! it said to only use them with a geissele if the lower is very worn. So i will hold of on that!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditch the KNS pins (not needed with Geissele), use the SSA trigger (SSA-E is preferred for magnified optics), and I'd also skip the extended mag release (seems more of a "race gun" part than something you'd need or want in a more practical gun like you are building.  Put the extra money toward a T-1 or even T-2 optic.  Everything else is top-shelf on this rifle, why skimp on the optic?

I prefer Larue index clips to the XTM covers.  I have a friend with a MK18, and his looks sharp with FDE index clips.  They are also great for organizing wiring to lights, etc.

I'd also prefer a folding rear sight.  A fixed rear makes for a cluttered view through a Micro, at least to my eyes.

You should look at a Blue Force Gear Vickers 221 sling.  I have not had great experiences with bungee slings, especially in two-point configurations.  I have one single point with a bungee that is acceptable, but the bungee is very stiff.  That said, I have no personal experience with the sling you have on your list.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay DEFINITE pointers on the Laure Tactical index clips! Haven't heard of them before but i'm already in love ha!

As far as the Aimpoint what is the difference between the H1 and the T1 and the T2?

and any recommendations on a folding rear sight?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You're only 20 and you bought a factory SBR? How?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I turn 21 in May and the rifle wont be delivered until the end of April so the owner is just gonna hold it for me until my 21st. which will be about 2 weeks and then ill pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I turn 21 in May and the rifle wont be delivered until the end of April so the owner is just gonna hold it for me until my 21st. which will be about 2 weeks and then ill pay for it.
View Quote

So u haven't even started the Form 4 then Im guessing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope! I know it takes awhile though ha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top