Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:04:29 PM EDT
I submitted my Form 1 for a SBR today.  When I made my final submission, I got a box with a confirmation number for the submission and on top of the box containing that message was the following:

ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("EPS"."EPS_LINE_ITEM_TEMPLATE". "USER_ID")

Then the confirmation that my form had been submitted.

What does that mean?  I was using Mozilla Firefox for a browser.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]

It means that some poor programmer is going to get shit on.  That's an error from the database saying that the program is trying to store nothing into a column that requires something.  In this case it's the UserID column.  Even though you "think" it worked, it may not have.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That's interesting since I had no place to enter my ID on that page.  Once logged in I figured that was over.  Oh, and I did get a confirmation number as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The user ID may have come from any page, or even from a prior session and then used during a save process.  That kind of crap from the programmers that work for me drives me insane.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same thing when I submitted my first one on 3/25. Got confirmation emails though and it shows pending in the drop down folder. I'm not worried.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd email "ask the experts" to verify it went through.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I received the same response on mine and it was kicked back to me 30days later for not having my entire trust name under the "maker" of the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a similar thing on mine. Emailed clutter and he said it was normal as long as I have a verification email and shows submitted in my forms. We'll see what happens I guess
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I received the same response on mine and it was kicked back to me 30days later for not having my entire trust name under the "maker" of the firearm.
View Quote

What was that based on? Was it a Didn't add "The' issue.

I didn't capitalize "the" in my trust name, so I just put XXXXX Trust.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Clutter replied to my email.  I'm just waiting now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top