Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 10:09:27 AM EDT
Has anyone SBR'ed there 80% lower? Im thinking of doing this one because of the bill that might pass and we will have to get a sign off from a CLEO even with a trust. Thanks Mike
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#1]
you still have to register it, which defeats most of the purpose of an 80% imo. if you want to just to do your own fine... but it wont change anything in the SBR process
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you still have to register it, which defeats most of the purpose of an 80% imo. if you want to just to do your own fine... but it wont change anything in the SBR process
View Quote

Im in the Lovely state of CT it is registered anyway. So there should be no problem I have no model on it just serial number.
But after I SBR it I will have my trust name city and state and caliber. Do I have to put a model on it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Im in the Lovely state of CT it is registered anyway. So there should be no problem I have no model on it just serial number.
But after I SBR it I will have my trust name city and state and caliber. Do I have to put a model on it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'll need a model #, caliber, serial #, along with your name or trust and city/state.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Model info is not required.  However, if you have already engraved model info on the receiver, you must include it on the form.  Also, if you put model info on the form, you MUST engrave it on the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done a couple.
I received emails in both cases to verify that I was in fact making the receiver and that it was not a pre-existing firearm receiver.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've done a couple.
I received emails in both cases to verify that I was in fact making the receiver and that it was not a pre-existing firearm receiver.
View Quote

When I registered it in CT because of our great new laws I did not put down a model just serial number I might have put down clone for a model on the CT registration form so looks like thats what I will have to have engraved on it but for caliber I think I put none im not home but ill have to check. but if I put none for caliber I have to put one down on the form 1 so how will that work.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I did a 0% SBR before. Just wanted to make my own rifle from scratch, did everything but the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I registered it in CT because of our great new laws I did not put down a model just serial number I might have put down clone for a model on the CT registration form so looks like thats what I will have to have engraved on it but for caliber I think I put none im not home but ill have to check. but if I put none for caliber I have to put one down on the form 1 so how will that work.
View Quote

What is on the State forms does not matter at all to the ATF.  If your receiver has not been engraved yet, you must engrave what you put on the the FORM 1.  If your receiver is already engraved with some of the info, you put what is already on your receiver on the FORM 1.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is on the State forms does not matter at all to the ATF.  If your receiver has not been engraved yet, you must engrave what you put on the the FORM 1.  If your receiver is already engraved with some of the info, you put what is already on your receiver on the FORM 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically the city state is where it is made, not what is on form 1.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Technically the city state is where it is made, not what is on form 1.
View Quote

True, BUT if you later try to transfer it and any info does not match what is in the ATF database, the transfer will be rejected.  You would need to file an amendment to your Form 1 to match what is on your receiver in that case.

In my previous post, I was talking about his STATE Assault Weapons (sic) registration forms.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
How much longer does it take when it goes to Pending/Research? Submitted tonight.
My first form1 suppresser took exactly 30 days from submitted to approved , still waiting on form 1 suppressor number 2 to be approved hopefully this one will only take 30 days also.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How much longer does it take when it goes to Pending/Research? Submitted tonight.
My first form1 suppresser took exactly 30 days from submitted to approved , still waiting on form 1 suppressor number 2 to be approved hopefully this one will only take 30 days also.
View Quote

I've had all of mine clear within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought about doing this since I figured it would be a cool way to make it like a "factory" SBR. Make your own roll mark and model number and have someone like Ident engrave it. Would end up costing more but would be a neat piece to have.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks I received an email the next morning  just asking if I was the maker of said firearm and status changed to submitted
The only thing that sucks is when I registered it I did put down AR CLONE for the model so I guess it will wear that gay engraving.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks I received an email the next morning  just asking if I was the maker of said firearm and status changed to submitted
The only thing that sucks is when I registered it I did put down AR CLONE for the model so I guess it will wear that gay engraving.
View Quote

Yeah...that wasn't a good decision.

It forces you to choose something, so I put N/A for my F1 cans, and am not engraving anything. That's the info on all my F4s for barrel length, so I assumed ATF was good with that nomenclature.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It forces you to choose something, so I put N/A for my F1 cans, and am not engraving anything. That's the info on all my F4s for barrel length, so I assumed ATF was good with that nomenclature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought I would be SBR'ing this receiver but it is what it is
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#17]
My Form 1 for a Krink build on a receiver which I bent up myself got kicked back for not having a model assigned. This was about 10 years ago, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top