Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 2:17:17 AM EDT
I've decided to go the SBR route this spring. The question is, what should I build ?
I can build an ar15 any way I'd like with the tools etc
Or turn an AK pistol into an SBR? Cheap ammo but I dont know if I could add the stock myself.
I wouldn't mind a Russian PPSH43 carbine, and swapping a pistol barrel on it if that's easy to do.
Any other ideas that won't break the bank ?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#1]
PS90

Kriss Vector
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
SBR an AR lower first, but do it as a dedicated rimfire conversion with a 4" barrel. Bulk pack ammo generally does not go supersonic and with a suppressor, it's lots of fun.

Non-AR options that I have done include PS90, MP5 and 10/22.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've put in for my PS90 and my FAL so far this month. Was also leaning towards doing one of my 10-22's and also one of my Encore frames.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm doing one of my ARs first, then my m92.

After that, more AR lowers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I would start with an AR because of how easy it is to get exactly what you want. Kriss is allot of fun, but finicky and expensive. PS90 is perfect, but you have to get a qualified shop to chop and thread the barrel. I've SBR's four rifles (well, one was a form 4 transfer) and if I had to do it over again, I may start with a Ruger Charger pistol, which has a 10" barrel and is already threaded and throw it in a new chassis with a folding stock. They are tons of fun, especially suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PS90 is perfect, but you have to get a qualified shop to chop and thread the barrel.
View Quote

Not true, there are aftermarket and factory 10.4" barrels out there for sale with the factory threading, you don't have to get the original cut, Then you buy either the OEM flash hider/brake or the 1/2x28 thread adapter that are out and available. Easy switch!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is my list that I'm trying to get bought and SBR'd before May/June...just in case of the 41p nonsense.

These are the ones I would own ONLY as SBRs (except for the ARs)...

- MP5K
- MP5SD
- USC/UMP
- AR 300 BO
- AR 5.56
- PS90
- Kriss Vector

Out of those, if I could only have 1 SBR, it would probably be the MP5K.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
My Draco SBR is the most fun one I've got.

I did it and a lower at the same time - make stamp day fun
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
PS90 is perfect, but you have to get a qualified shop to chop and thread the barrel.
View Quote

Not true, there are aftermarket and factory 10.4" barrels out there for sale with the factory threading, you don't have to get the original cut, Then you buy either the OEM flash hider/brake or the 1/2x28 thread adapter that are out and available. Easy switch!!!
View Quote

Link please- I've been waiting for an OEM barrel or CMMG with little luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep a lookout on GB, bought mine there a couple weeks ago from a place that was posting them one at a time. It was a CMMG. Also, CMMG is reporting a new run of barrels due out in February sometime. Then there is the Stryker barrel that supposed to come out "soon" but who knows when and it seems pricey at ~$400 without the adapter. Just keep a lookout, they come up frequently.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]
A 10/22 SBR can be a lot of fun for the whole family, and very economical.

Not really sure what your goals are for this thing but you might also consider an SBS. You can turn a cheap dirty old duck gun into a super fun retro-tactical blaster with just a hacksaw and a set of letter punches for the engraving.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PS90

Kriss Vector
View Quote

or

an AR10
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in Minnesota so SBS and surpressors aren't even an option for the common folk
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:08:04 AM EDT
[#14]
HK clone or Krink
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top