Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just really at a loss on why you won't register the lower.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oddly enough, and regardless of what you mind read into my OP, I have not decided on anything. I just wanted to read what everyone had to say. I get it. It's not the best idea, just AN idea and the downsides have been expressed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP is an Engineers.  Your replies are irrelevant.

Oddly enough, and regardless of what you mind read into my OP, I have not decided on anything. I just wanted to read what everyone had to say. I get it. It's not the best idea, just AN idea and the downsides have been expressed.

you should do it and post proper video and pics of the project.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP is an Engineers.  Your replies are irrelevant.

This ^

Do it.. you can be the test case to make it A-OK.  You can start the new trend!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure why you are all bagging on the guy all GD style. It was a reasonable question and has been answered reasonably by those who have the experience to know.

With that said about 8 or 10 years back I found myself with a spare AAC Ranger II and an extra 6933 upper. I was seriously considering having the can welded to the upper to have a gun that I could carry to other states with near impunity. I never did it but if I had I don't think I would have regretted it. I weighed the risks while comparing the pros and cons. In the end it's only money and these are just toys. That same sealed 5.56 can lives on my 77/22 now for you guys who get all up tight about how things should be. I have resigned it to live on a bolt action .22. My money. Who cares?

My opinion is that if it is just to avoid an SBR stamp.......don't do it. But if you have a cheap silencer like a Ranger II or whatever and need a Title I length gun...go for it. It's your money. Just know the limitations and risks inherent in the setup.

RC

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top