Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 3:25:42 PM EDT
this

I'm really thinking about buying one and SBR'ing it down to 8 inches and using a can with it. I think that would be very fun to do.

Has anyone done this? Would there be any problems with chopping the bbl?

Edit: other than reworking the stock a little?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for it . . . the only obvious answers are potential stock interference when you run a can on it.  Otherwise the normal stuff like re-threading and crowning . . .
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm hoping to see a good black friday deal on them soon. If I can get one around 400$ I'm gonna make it happen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Go for it.  You'll get to test out your stock customization skills at the same time...  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Do it!! I want to see it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It is most likely gonna happen. May end up being a year (paying for a wedding) but I think it will make a bad ass backyard plinker.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
so pretty.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Make sure there is enough meat on the barrel. On the 16" it flares out quite a bit for the threads. Probably ok at 8" but double check before you spend the coin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure there is enough meat on the barrel. On the 16" it flares out quite a bit for the threads. Probably ok at 8" but double check before you spend the coin.
View Quote

I have one....and a pair of calipers.  The barrel, just in front of the forearm, is .654.  You have next to nothing left for a shoulder.  The OD of the threaded portion is .621.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have one....and a pair of calipers.  The barrel, just in front of the forearm, is .654.  You have next to nothing left for a shoulder.  The OD of the threaded portion is .621.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmm. when I get one I'll have to talk to adco and see what they can do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if they can turn it back further then make a spacer with the right shoulder ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can always cut some forearm plastic until you get to ample barrel diameter.  Run a direct thread can and have it shoulder very close to the stock. Might be cool.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
This is gonna happen, gonna be a while. But it will happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top