Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 9:07:25 AM EDT
Looking to run DD 10.3 barrel with a Geissele MK4 9.5 inch rail. Simple question, will I have enough clearance for the can without bumping the rail? Been scouring the interwebz and everything I'm seeing seems to say yes albeit VERY close. Anyone care to confirm or provide pictures of a similar configuration? Just trying to be 100% sure before I make the purchase. I'm looking at running AAC brakeout 2.0 as the QD device. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd assume you're good. If its a thread on can you may be close but depending on which mount you use, you may get some additional clearance.  I have a 12.37" rail on a 12" barrel and the shoulder of my YHM mount is only about 1/2" in the rail.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Its going to be very close. Should work though.

Basing this off of guys who use MK18 rails(9.55" if memory serves) and 10.3 barrels Brakeout and AAC can

Just hope they measure the rail exactly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I could not get the Gemtech G5 to work with the standard bi-lock.  Had to get their extended bi-lock.  If the Brakeout locks, where the can attaches at the rearmost point, extend atleast 1/2 inch from the front of the rail you will be good.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same rail on a 10.5" and my M42000 fits with some room behind the can so I imagine it will be a perfect fit. In fact I am doing another SBR with a 10.3" to get that perfect fit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
i dont know the answer but if you cant get the QD to work just get a thread on, as long as the barrel sticks past the guard you are gtg. Plus thread on reduces weight and length, a win win!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top