Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 10:42:36 PM EDT
I have a couple of SBR AR's, and want to branch out.

I always liked the look of the Beretta 93R, and would plunk my money down if they made one in the config, semi of course.

Been thinking of setting up a pistol as a SBR, with a stock and forward grip.  I've seen the kits that fit over the slide (Roni?) with rails and such, and just don't like the looks of them.

So, I would get an add on stock, like the 93R's, and then a grip for the front.

I have a Glock 17L, and a FN FNP Tac, both of which I've seen stocks for.

So, couple of questions to those who have a similar set up:

Any comments as to the quality of the add on stocks?

Of my two pistols, would you recommend SBRing the Glock or FN, and why?

How much more effective is a pistol with a stock?  I have a Trijicon RMR on the FN, so does a stock help that set up even more than one with irons?

Do I need an adapter to install a rifle style foregrip on the front of the pistols?  It seems like they don't fit by themselves.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a lot of Glock SBRs using the stock/carbine kits and also the cheap $50 stocks from gun shows.

I've never seen an FN SBR til I did a quick Google search.......  I hate the "foregrip" but otherwise, it's interesting.

I'd probably choose the Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top