Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 11:57:51 AM EDT
I have always wanted to SBR a Glock 17 and put a stock on it.  I thought about doing this years ago.  I would also add a suppressor, and maybe a red dot on it, and feeding it with 33rd mags.  

I kind of went away from this idea, and started thinking about a 9mm AR-15 SBR.  I would also add a can to this, and run it with a red dot.  

One of the issues that has delayed this purchase, is that I'm not sure which AR platform to go with in 9mm (Colt, etc...)  Which magazine is best?  Are they easy to find?  Are they inexpensive?  

I hate adding another platform, logistically.  I have pared my collection of magazine fed rifles down to rifles that are chambered in 5.56 and feed from AR mags, or 7.62x39 and feed from AK mags.  I don't mix this up.  My pistols are mostly 9mm Glocks (26/17), .45 Glock (30/21), and .45 1911s.  The only exceptions are pocket pistols and revolvers, as I don't stockpile a bunch of mags for those.  

I am seriously considering the CAA RONI G2-9 to fit the requirements I have.  It will give me a 9mm SBR.  It can be fired with my AAC Ti-Rant 9mm attached to the Glock 17 host.  It can easily be fitted with a red dot optic without gunsmithing the slide of the G17.  It doesn't add a new magazine type to keep up with.  I already have Glock 33rd mags for 9mm.  

The downside is that it won't be as accurate as an AR in 9mm (I can't imagine the Roni chassis can achieve a high degree of accuracy with the optic mounted to the chassis). If I'm wrong about this, then all the better.  However, what kind of accuracy do you need in a 9mm SBR?  I think the advantage will be combat accuracy in a platform that can be fired MUCH faster than a pistol.  I imagine hitting 25yd targets very fast with this, vs. the slow-fire I would require with just a pistol.  However, I wouldn't scope this and shoot it slow-fire at 100yds for groups.  

This is what I'm looking at.  

The front muzzle piece comes out somehow, and it can accept a suppressor up to 35.5mm in diameter.  My Ti-Rant is 35.0mm.  This is what it will look like with the suppressor.

So, I think this kit would be a great solution for what I'm looking for.  It's not cheap, but neither is getting a 9mm AR and all new magazines.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at the Quarter Circle 10 Glock small frame receivers. If you were familiar with the DDLES lowers then you will recognize QC10 receiver. You can run your Glock mags in it and have the ergonomics and flexibility of the AR platform. I'm in the middle of a build now.

Check our the Rimfire/Pistol Caliber AR15 forum for more info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at the Quarter Circle 10 Glock small frame receivers. If you were familiar with the DDLES lowers then you will recognize QC10 receiver. You can run your Glock mags in it and have the ergonomics and flexibility of the AR platform. I'm in the middle of a build now.

View Quote

Out of stock.

Have been for at least a week.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not just SBR your glock and put one of those shoulder stocks on it?  Then you don't have to mess with a carbine conversion thing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
This IS a shoulder stock, and it allows for a red dot optic without changing the slide up.  

I might end up with a stock and VFG for it, who knows.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I pulled the trigger and decided to register my Glock 17 as a SBR.  

I also ordered a Tactical Solutions threaded .22 upper for the Glock.  I plan to run this combo is the Roni to give my kids something better fitting them than one of my rifles, which are all too big/heavy for them.

I sure hope the Roni works with the .22 conversion unit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
regarding accuracy, a glock is doing pretty good in a ransom rest with 2 inch groups at 25 yards.  That means best case at 100 yards will be 8 inch groups.  I suspect real world will be closer to 12" if not a lot more...

So for what it is, acceptable.  Worth $200 on a stamp and all the grief of engraving and what not, not too sure.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an SBR'ed glock in a KPOS v1 folding stock unit. I regret the tax stamp. At 25 yards freehand I'm doing good to keep everything on a sheet of paper. I tried a lone wolf barrel and had the same results. It could be the KPOS unit. The shoulder stock flexes at the back just a little when you pull it in to your shoulder and puts uneven pressure on the frame.

It could be my glock, it could be me, who knows. I can, however, shoot slightly better groups with the pistol itself freehand then I can in the stock. I've wanted to try a different stock like the Roni but I built an SBR ar-15 out of a DDLES lower instead and I just use that now. The pistol tilting barrel will never give the accuracy a fixed barrel can. The glock sits in the safe unused. I pull it out occasionally to look at it but that's it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have an SBR'ed glock in a KPOS v1 folding stock unit. I regret the tax stamp. At 25 yards freehand I'm doing good to keep everything on a sheet of paper. I tried a lone wolf barrel and had the same results. It could be the KPOS unit. The shoulder stock flexes at the back just a little when you pull it in to your shoulder and puts uneven pressure on the frame.

It could be my glock, it could be me, who knows. I can, however, shoot slightly better groups with the pistol itself freehand then I can in the stock. I've wanted to try a different stock like the Roni but I built an SBR ar-15 out of a DDLES lower instead and I just use that now. The pistol tilting barrel will never give the accuracy a fixed barrel can. The glock sits in the safe unused. I pull it out occasionally to look at it but that's it.

View Quote

Yeah that's awful. I have a Fab Defense stock ("Israeli stock") on my G22 and shot it at 25 yards the other day to great effect. It was a ton of fun and the target was certainly dead. Accuracy was more than acceptable for me.

OP, for your purpose I'd recommend staying away from the chassis setups and just using a stock. Also, get an aftermarket trigger. I have a Zev Tech Fulcrum Ultimate and it really helps. It's the Geissele equivalent in my eyes.

Glocks are well worth the $200 stamp.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree that Glocks are well worth the stamp.  I have 2 and I go back an forth between Roni, Fab Defense, and Mech-Tech as the need suits me.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stamp came in today.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock + stock + Carver comp mount + red dot, done.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, the tax stamp came in (err, the approved e-form 1 email hit my inbox) for my SBR Glock 17, so I finally got to put everything together!

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I took my Roni to the range today, and had a blast!  I fired it in 9mm and with the TSG-22 kit installed.

In 9mm, it was fantastic!  No hiccups, and the accuracy was stellar!  It was an indoor range, so we shot at 15ft, 25ft, and 45ft.  It was VERY fast on target, and was a lot of fun.

In .22lr, it had a couple jams that you might expect from a .22 kit (top round in the magazine had to be pointed up, or it would nose-dive in the mag), etc...  Once I figured that out, it was on fire!  VERY fast shooting and it still grouped quite nicely.  

All in all, I am VERY impressed with this kit, and would recommend it to anyone looking for something similar.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes I love my Roni kit. I had a DDLES lower before they went out of bussiness but sold I it after they tanked. It was more to money to try and match the correct barrel up with the right ramped bolt so I just stuck with the Roni Kit. Plus you can remove the front and insert a can. And for me, being able to shoulder the Glock makes it even more accurate!!

Congrats on the stamp!!

Mines shown with SBR'ed Gen4 Glock 19, Lone Wolf Threaded Barrel and a HA Guardian 9 Suppressor.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Having fun with mine. Have a G17 & G19 SBR.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Stamp came in today.

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/IMG_1443_zps5e6a487f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/IMG_1443_zps5e6a487f.jpg</a>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stamp came in today.

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/IMG_1443_zps5e6a487f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/IMG_1443_zps5e6a487f.jpg</a>

Very nice! Which handguard is that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top