Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 12:20:55 AM EDT
Hey guys.  I am putting together a 223 SBR project.  It will have a Seekins 10.5" Barrel and a Gemtech G5 can.  The barrel and a portion of the can will sit under a 13" Seekins BAR Rail.  

I thought I had things pretty well planned out and was going to finish the project off with a CTR stock.  Well, after feeling how heavy this G5 can is, I was thinking that maybe a UBR stock might balance things out a little bit better.  Then again, I might not need the weight of the UBR at all.  

Since I am lazy and dont want to take apart the CTR should I need to install a UBR, I was hoping that someone here may have some similar experience and could offer some support.  I dont want to shell out the cash to try the UBR if its not what I am going to want/need in the end.  

Hope that wasnt too much bitching in one post....any help will of course be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If it will be shot suppressed most or all of the time, then a heavier stock would make it balance better and the added weight would be worth it.  That said, I usually use an STR on my suppressed guns, and that stock isn't as heavy as the UBR.  You might want to consider using a STR, a Sopmod, or others that are heavier than a CTR but still work on the same receiver extension.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top