Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2014 11:15:55 AM EDT
I am building out my SBR.  I originally was going to run a 11.5" barrel with a 10.5" Larue Rail (already have in hand); however I found a good deal on a 10.5" barrel recently and was wondering if anyone had experience running one with a surefire can?

Just trying to see if there is enough clearance with the 10.5 barrel, a SF brake and the Larue 10" rail to still attach the SF Suppressor?

Anyone running a set up like this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't work. you need a rail about 1" less in length than your barrel in order for it to be flush with the start of the threads.

A 10" rail will just about completely cover a 10.5" barrel and threads and a SF can will not fit under a LT rail nor would it be ideal to mount a QD can under a hand guard. You'll need a 9.5" rail.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Right.  My 8" barrel in a 7" handguard works, but the muzzle device only clears the handguard by less than 0.1".    I think you'll need that 11.5" barrel with a 10.5" handguard.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I called up Larue to get an exact length on their handguards and it's not a true 10", it looks like it's shy.  From looking at it, it looks like it will work, but be almost flush with the end of the handguard.  I have a screaming deal on a 10.5 barrel, so if it turns out it doesn't fit, I will just sell the LT handguard and go get with a 9" Troy or something.  

I'll try to get some pictures posted.  I think if I was using a FH and not a comp, this would work awesome, but all I have are comps and the "legacy" FH's are harder to find right now, and well, obviously more money vs using the comps I already have stashed.  

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The handguard is about 1/8" too long for this combo to work.  I am going to sell the handguard and buy a 9" to throw on there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top