Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2014 2:06:40 PM EDT
I sent it in my form 1 for my sbr back in June. I haven't thought about it until this week and it's kind of killing me on the wait now. I'm sure I'll forget about it again soon but I have everything on my rifle built and all I'm missing is the barrel, I even just got the eotech in the mail today for it! What do you guys do when you're starting to itch?

Update***2/13/15***

11.5" SBR stamp recieved, lower envgraved and assembly complete!! It does not have its eotech on it in this pic but you guys get the idea. I can take some better pics this weekend and add spec if people are interested.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Build it as a pistol instead.  And eFile the next one (creating a trust, corp, or LLC if you don't have one already); those are turning around inside of a month right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
you should be getting approved any day now with a form 1, I wouldn't spend the money on a pistol brace since you are so close.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you should be getting approved any day now with a form 1, I wouldn't spend the money on a pistol brace since you are so close.
View Quote

Agreed. Forms submitted during your time frame are getting approved now. I've gotten to the point where I wouldn't waste time or money to shoot a pistol version of my rifle. I'll just wait for the stamp.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Build it as a pistol instead.  And eFile the next one (creating a trust, corp, or LLC if you don't have one already); those are turning around inside of a month right now.
View Quote

I would love to but lowers are not exactly common in my neck of the woods...I submitted via snail mail, I'm assuming you guys are talking about e-filing form 1's. I don't have a trust set up so...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would love to but lowers are not exactly common in my neck of the woods...I submitted via snail mail, I'm assuming you guys are talking about e-filing form 1's. I don't have a trust set up so...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm talking paper F1s. Mine was about 4 months. Submitted late April approved late August. Other folks have been 2-3 months. You should be due any day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Once the first one is done, the future ones are much easier  
But you should be up any time now.....My first SBR took 9 months, and my first can took 11 months so the current waits are nothin at all.
You'll learn that the wait is actually addicting.  When you receive the stamp, that anticipation feeling goes away....and the only way to satisfy it is by sending in another form

Just to make you itch more though....
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm talking paper F1s. Mine was about 4 months. Submitted late April approved late August. Other folks have been 2-3 months. You should be due any day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?! I was expecting a 7-9month wait!!! That is AWESOME!

bending: I think a suppressor is in my near future seeing as my sbr will be my last AR platform build dude to a lack of lowers. But I have a feeling waiting for a can should scratch that itch
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
^ Its the next logical step  
My second can actually just came into JoJo's today so Ill be sending my paperwork out tomorrow for it.  Since I got into NFA stuff, Its like Ive been permanently waiting for a few years nowhaha

If you have more than 1 lower registered, youll end up wanting to SBR ALL of them
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
^ Its the next logical step  
My second can actually just came into JoJo's today so Ill be sending my paperwork out tomorrow for it.  Since I got into NFA stuff, Its like Ive been permanently waiting for a few years nowhaha

If you have more than 1 lower registered, youll end up wanting to SBR ALL of them
View Quote

Only have one registered lower...the prebans I had were in a horrific boating accident... A can would look very nice on my 11.5" but that will be a story for another thread lol

Eta: I hate cthtf and gd for getting me hooked on the crack like substance which is referred to as NFA
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Once the first one is done, the future ones are much easier  
But you should be up any time now.....My first SBR took 9 months, and my first can took 11 months so the current waits are nothin at all.
You'll learn that the wait is actually addicting.  When you receive the stamp, that anticipation feeling goes away....and the only way to satisfy it is by sending in another form

Just to make you itch more though....
http://i61.tinypic.com/vzeo1f.jpg
View Quote

We should go shooting after I get my stamp, I would like to try out suppressed shooting. I'm in Hartford county, i have a membership to Andover along with a few other cthtf people.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I know the feeling.  I purchased my first can a month and a half ago from Silencershop and I assume I'm in for a pretty good wait.  It took them over a month for the form 3 to come back.  Anyways I got antsy and put in an eForm 1 yesterday for an SBR.  Hopefully that will be back in less than 30 days!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know the feeling.  I purchased my first can a month and a half ago from Silencershop and I assume I'm in for a pretty good wait.  It took them over a month for the form 3 to come back.  Anyways I got antsy and put in an eForm 1 yesterday for an SBR.  Hopefully that will be back in less than 30 days!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
So am i understanding this correctly?  Paper form 1s filed as an individual are getting approved in a 4 to 5 month period now
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So am i understanding this correctly?  Paper form 1s filed as an individual are getting approved in a 4 to 5 month period now
View Quote

Depends on the state and examiner. It could be four months or it could be nine. Bet on nine, hope for four, but bet on nine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Depends on the state and examiner. It could be four months or it could be nine. Bet on nine, hope for four, but bet on nine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Examiners are no longer assigned by state.  There appear to be piles of the different types of forms and the examiners grab them by pending date with Form 1s going much quicker than Form 4s presently...

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the most part, yea, certainly under 6 at this point.  

And yea that'd be cool TBR shoot me a message sometime!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope you are right.  If so i am gonna have a hell of a christmas
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the difference between form 1 and form 4?  I did paper work from LGS with signaure from LEO. I sent it in around beginning of June and am expecting stamp around March or April.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What is the difference between form 1 and form 4?  I did paper work from LGS with signaure from LEO. I sent it in around beginning of June and am expecting stamp around March or April.
View Quote
A Form 1 is an application to make a NFA firearm while a Form 4 is used for the transfer of an NFA firearm...

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A Form 1 is an application to make a NFA firearm while a Form 4 is used for the transfer of an NFA firearm...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Basically F1 = build, and F4 is buy.

The most common would be to make an SBR from a stripped lower on a Form 1, and buy a suppressor on a Form 4. Howevwr, you absolutely can buy a factory SBR on a Form 4 and make your own suppressor via a Form 1.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]
So I'm in the same boat as Tbr1806... My first sbr... mailed my form 1 individual  in on May 15, pending May 30.. Out of curiosity i called atf nfa branch to see how my transfer going and the gentleman I talked with said to expect to get it approved in February ( 10 month's ) Is that a normal time frame ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

So I'm in the same boat as Tbr1806... My first sbr... mailed my form 1 individual  in on May 15, pending May 30.. Out of curiosity i called atf nfa branch to see how my transfer going and the gentleman I talked with said to expect to get it approved in February ( 10 month's ) Is that a normal time frame ?
View Quote
My April Form 1 was approved at the end of August, so it shouldn't be too long.  The answers you get on the phone are canned responses...

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like they said above, expect 9 pray for 4. I'm not holding my breath but from what everyone is saying mine should be in any day now. I'm still in the mindset it will not come until Jan/Feb.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Mine were in the mailbox today (may have been in there Friday?)

paper Form 1 SBR (Trust) mailed 18June14
                                    approved 14Sept14
                                 postmarked 17Sept14
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#26]
For those surprised by the shorter paper wait time - this is a good tool to stay current.

Interestingly, they just started differentiating between F1s and non-F1s

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those surprised by the shorter paper wait time - this is a good tool to stay current.

Interestingly, they just started differentiating between F1s and non-F1s

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx
View Quote

Thanks for that, it's amazing to see how much they have sped up. IIRC there was some down time a few months ago where nothing was happening at all, that time of must have done some good.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mine were in the mailbox today (may have been in there Friday?)

paper Form 1 SBR (Trust) mailed 18June14
                                    approved 14Sept14
                                 postmarked 17Sept14
View Quote

I should be right behind you
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I feel your pain.  I just called in today to get a status update on my form 1 (Individual).  The lady advised me that they received my application August 29th and that it would be approved around next May.  Does it really take 9 months or is it usually quicker?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I feel your pain.  I just called in today to get a status update on my form 1 (Individual).  The lady advised me that they received my application August 29th and that it would be approved around next May.  Does it really take 9 months or is it usually quicker?
View Quote

It only recently got quicker
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully that is the case.  I saw this thread and read some other posts about members getting them quicker.  That's when I placed the call and about fell out of my chair when she told me next May.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hopefully that is the case.  I saw this thread and read some other posts about members getting them quicker.  That's when I placed the call and about fell out of my chair when she told me next May.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like they previously said, expect 9 hope for 3-4. Plus the ATF is probably just giving an estimated date based on when you filed and the history of F1 returns in the last year. It's not like they mark your stamp saying "do not return until May 2015"
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#33]
another day, still no stamp. Got approved on 9/12. So it's been 12 days. The NFA branch is 2757 miles from my house by car. According to Michigan State researchers, a cow can run about 8 mph...so yeah, a few more days and a cow could have got here by now.  of course, a cow would have to rest...but still, at some point its getting ridiculous!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
another day, still no stamp. Got approved on 9/12. So it's been 12 days. The NFA branch is 2757 miles from my house by car. According to Michigan State researchers, a cow can run about 8 mph...so yeah, a few more days and a cow could have got here by now.  of course, a cow would have to rest...but still, at some point its getting ridiculous!
View Quote

Did you call to find out the status? I'm thinking about calling if I dont have mine by the end of the week. Just to see where in the process it may be..
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Once it's been approved, do the CSRs even have any additional status info they can pass on? I thought that was "it"...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#36]
another day, another empty mail box. Saturday will be 15 days since approval. Gotta be here by then, right? slower than a cow could have run here!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
another day, another empty mail box. Saturday will be 15 days since approval. Gotta be here by then, right? slower than a cow could have run here!
View Quote

When did you send yours in?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#38]
mailed 3 form 1's (SBR, trust) at 0800 on 6/12/14, all 3 were approved on 9/12/14. I know the time to approval has REALLY improved over the last couple of months, and that's awesome, but on the other hand the time to actually deliver the stamps after approval seems to be skyrocketing. There seem to be a lot of people on various forums that were approved during the first half of September that haven't got their stamps yet. Then I look at the NFATracker data and there are, historically, a ton of people that get them in a week or less. The % that take more than 2 weeks or more is actually pretty small, historically, but right now it seems to be commonplace. Not sure why...    Yeah, I know, it's a small thing to bitch about when the ATF was taking a year to approve stuff not that long ago, but in some ways it's even more frustrating. It's like "you're approved!!!   To bad you don't have a stamp and can't do anything about it!"  
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it. My eform 1 was approved in 28 days
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I waited for about a year for my Form 1 sbr.  I waited about a year and a half for my form 4 suppressor.

You boys got it EZ.  

Still waiting for a form 4 for another suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I waited for about a year for my Form 1 sbr.  I waited about a year and a half for my form 4 suppressor.

You boys got it EZ.  

Still waiting for a form 4 for another suppressor.
View Quote

Where do you live, North Korea?

It has been 11 days and it feels like it has been a century!  This will be my first NFA item and the second is in Jail.  However I am going for a conjugal this weekend!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Seems more like a crap shoot at this point, mauled in my F1 April 28, called June 38, they said may/June 2015. Then I see like 30 day efile F1 people
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Still waiting
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Someone from TX got an SBR and SBS and they E-Filed on Sept 11.. got approved on 10/6 (today)..

They (ATF) must be jumping around or something..  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Mailed my F4 for my 6933 0n 5/14/14 approved 10/1/14

picked it up today
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Mailed my form 1's February, stamps recived late September.  Thats 8 months with examiner Dan P. The best thing you can do while waiting is shoot it without the stock, and send in more forms.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#49]
still waiting......

I'm trying to keep this alive so I can post pics when I finally get it
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
still waiting......

I'm trying to keep this alive so I can post pics when I finally get it
View Quote

If you were approved it sounds like your stamp may have gotten lost. Might want to call and find out what gives
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top